Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can an S9252 lose neutral position?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 PM
geparent2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can an S9252 lose neutral position?

I had just replaced the s3151 servos on my heli and replaced the cyclic and tail with four 9252. I had everything working good could hover, flew the other day fine, and day after, until today. Was flying around and about 20ft off the ground and it rolled to the left suddenly and IMPACT! ANyway after looking at it one of the servos looked like it lost or forgot where neutral was. When I turn on the radio, then the reciever, all the servo horns are supposed to be horizontal (I have a JR Venture CP OS. 37). But when I powered it on after the crash to check the servos, the servo on the left (can't remeber if it is cyclic servo or pitch servo), anyway power on and the servo horn is pointed straight up. I thought maybe the screw came lose and the horn moved, but it was tight. Can a servos neutral position on a S9252 be moved or changed, or what would cause it. I did push it back the way it was supposed to be before powering on, and it just went straight up again. I have a 7CHP transmitter in PCM mode. The only failsafe I have is on the throttle. I have yet to check the battery on the Triton to see how much I pulled out of it or what the voltage is. It is a 1700mah 4.8V battery. I have another heli, a MX450XS with s3107 servos, another servo doing the same thing, but I can push that one back down and it works for awhile, I do have a replacement for that one though. Any thought would sure be appreciated. Considering the way it came down, it is a tough bird. I thought it would break easily with the plastic frame. Broke blades, bent feathering shaft, and canopy windshield, and tail boom. Thank god.

Heliaddicts Anonymous
Old 11-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Can an S9252 lose neutral position?

I would pull that servo apart and look at the gears closely. You may have stripped off a couple teeth in the crash. Not uncommon, but you can usually feel them when moving the servo by hand.

Don

Old 11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
tkilwein

I door banged a rudder going out the door and believe it or not the servo plastic horn stripped-slipped 3 splines on the servo metal output shaft and was tight on the shaft but offset.
Took servo apart and no internal damage only the horn splines messed up, replaced with a new one and back in business.

Tony
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
geparent2k

Tonight after work, I swapped channels 1 and 6 on reciever just to make sure that what ever it is wrong is wrong with the servo. This happened in flight and not after the crash, the servo arm going up like that tilted my swash to the left and down I went. The battery I checked on the triton, batt voltage was at 5.45 and only used 133 mah of a 4.8V 1700 mah pack. I will pull it apart tonight and check gears, but don't think that is cause. If this had happened after the crash, I would definitely had thought gears. Anyway, will get back to you after the inspection.