Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-- reposted to JR forum, pls ignore -- JR/Spektrum 2.4GHz receivers and rx antennas

Danny indicated in an earlier thread that the Spektrum 6100 contains a single receiver and uses two channels. I presume this means that the antenna is in fact a dipole antenna connected to this single receiver, and that it is therefore not optimal to orient the two sides of the antenna at an angle to each other. One of our club members has been trying for some time to get an answer from Spektrum engineering on this with no success.

The R921 on the other hand has the antennas on the main RX body at right angles. I'm thinking this implies that there are in fact two receivers inside the main body, and that the satellite rx is a single receiver with a dipole. Adding a second satellite with a dipole then makes a total of four receivers; two in the main rx body, and one in each of the satellites. Is that correct?

If someone could post a quick summary for each of the JR and Spektrum RX's regarding whether the rx's and their corresponding satellites have one, or two receiver sections in them, and whether the antennas are dipole or not. This will help in making placement and orientation decisions.

Thanks,
    Eric

(edit: was wanting to post this in the JR forum, but oh well.. seems to be no way to move a posting. Newbie (to rcuniverse) error; sorry everyone.)
    (edit: I've put a copy of this in the JR forum and changed the subject to reflect that; again, my apologies)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -- reposted to JR forum, pls ignore -- JR/Spektrum 2.4GHz receivers and rx antennas

"I presume this means that the antenna is in fact a dipole antenna connected to this single receiver, and that it is therefore not optimal to orient the two sides of the antenna at an angle to each other. "

It is a single receiver. Leave the antennas as is, you do not have to bend them at 90 degrees(and should not). Just like the satelites on the 921, and ar9000, ar7000(and the main receiver unit on the 7000).