Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6 channel Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Gomjaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 channel Futaba

Can someone suggest a 6 channel radio which is working with the Tamiya MFU (#56511 and truck is #56314+#56302)

I tried to find a decent answer over the weekend but I am kinda stuck

Apparently it needs analog trim. The problem is that the requirements on the tamiya site are quite vague and obviously requires previous knowledge / experience which I don't have.

What I can see on the comparison chart

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html

Is that the only Analog with 6 channels is the 6X*S

The only obvious different I can see to the 4YF (which is known to be working) is

Store Trims

Which is "NO" on the 4YF, but the 6X*S has "MANUAL" - I just don't know whether this is good or bad
Also the "DUAL RATE" is no on the 4YF but its yes on the 6X*S

So any help is highly appreciated

Old 10-09-2007, 01:06 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 6 channel Futaba

Well Gomjaba,

I do not know about the UK and its general application rules but in the US it is a no no to use airborne equipment like transmitters and recievers on ground equipment. Our clubs do a good job of policing frequency use but if a "yoyo" start his or her car or truck up using airborne stuff and is not on frequency control bad things start to happen. We refer to it as "shooting one down."

It gets done occasionally and the culprit is tracked down dealt with severly. I have no idea what a car or truck cost but airplanes start about $500.00 (or a couple of hunder pounds sterling) per unit considering all the equipment involved. So there is a lot of money on the line.

I hope you are not intending to use transmitters and receivers in an uncontrolled environment. And yes, the T6EXAs has sub trims, end point adjustment, exponential and some mixes. It can store up to six models. But it is not meant for ground use, it is meant for airborne use. I would be very careful of what you use it for and where you use (given the above reasons).

Cheers,

Chip
Old 10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Gomjaba

Default RE: 6 channel Futaba

My truck is about 2k - but I know what you mean. The first thing I have checked was the frequency I have to use for ground vehicles.
Therefore I like the tower site where you can choose which frequenze you wanna buy .. and ground is

61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 83, 84, 85, 87, 89 and 90