Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Gyro Switch unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 PM
bobferguson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro Switch unit

I am looking for a unit that allows me to shut off a gyro. I found one to use with a GWS pg03 but I can't find one now.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 AM
beepee

Default RE: Gyro Switch unit

I have one that came with my Expert EX-100 Gyro. It was and should still be available separately. Go to Horizonhobby.com.

Bedford
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 AM
bobferguson

I can't find it on horizonhobby.com or on google.

ORIGINAL: beepee

I have one that came with my Expert EX-100 Gyro. It was and should still be available separately. Go to Horizonhobby.com.

Bedford
Old 10-11-2007, 08:38 AM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

Get a gyro that has remote gain control. Set gain to 0 and the gyro is essentially off.

Fritz
Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bobferguson

I am looking for a unit that allows me to shut off a gyro. I found one to use with a GWS pg03 but I can't find one now.
Bob,

The Futaba GY 401 gyro allows you to remotely (from your transmitter) to turn the gyro off. This is done through the remote gain feature which turns the gyro off when the gain is set to "50". When you remotely switch the gain to >50 it goes into the heading hold mode and when it is set to <50 it is set to the rate mode. The key element is that the gyro is controlled by a separate gain channel on your receiver. My only experience is with the JR 9303 which has a gyro gain function that makes it very easy to program. Ikarus and Eflite (I think) also make a remotely controlled gyro. Here is a good thread that describes the whole process http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_60..._1/key_/tm.htm

Howard
Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 AM
bobferguson

Thank for the link. I have found the GWS pg-02 which looks like exactly what I want. I am all ready using a PG-03 in my Newbee, with no remote gain. the PG-02 has remote gain. Also GWS make a PC-03 (I thinnk) that is a switch that would work with the PG-03. They are only about $50 while the 401 is more like $140. I found one source for the PG-02 but they will not ship to Canada. So my local hobby store, well 1hour drive local is checking into for me. He carries the PG-03. Hopefully he can get it that or I can order from China.

I just remembered and checked the planes I want to use have only four channels or channel with the fifth channel use as channel six for flaprons. O and the costs keep going up.