Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR servo compatability with Hitec Rx

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
pjtrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR servo compatability with Hitec Rx

I have recently bought a Hitec Eclipse 7 QPCM transmitter, with the Spectra module, (QPCM/PPM). I have used it successfully with an existing plane with Airtronics Rx. I am now finishing a new plane and installed a Hitec RCD3200, (FM/HFD-08RD) Rx. 4 of the servos installed are JR brand and so far I get no response from them. The servos are MN48 and (2) NES-507. I am aware that Hitec is neg. shift while A-T and JR are pos shift.
First, please confirm that the Hitec RCD3200 Rx is compatible with my Eclipse 7. Secondly, do I have an issue with using the JR servos? Yes I am rather new to the hobby and this is my first computer radio. Thanks in advance for some help.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:42 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR servo compatability with Hitec Rx

Your Hitec receiver may be a positive shift reciever. They make both.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:07 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used hitec receivers with Futaba, Hitec, and JR servos with no trouble. Hitec does indeed make both JR/Airtronics compatible and Futaba/Hitec compatible receivers - this means they work with the transmitters, not servo types. The servos are pretty much interchangeable other than the styles of connectors.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pjtrax I have recently bought a Hitec Eclipse 7 QPCM transmitter, with the Spectra module, (QPCM/PPM). I have used it successfully with an existing plane with Airtronics Rx. I am now finishing a new plane and installed a Hitec RCD3200, (FM/HFD-08RD) Rx. 4 of the servos installed are JR brand and so far I get no response from them. The servos are MN48 and (2) NES-507. I am aware that Hitec is neg. shift while A-T and JR are pos shift.
First, please confirm that the Hitec RCD3200 Rx is compatible with my Eclipse 7. Secondly, do I have an issue with using the JR servos? Yes I am rather new to the hobby and this is my first computer radio. Thanks in advance for some help.
On any other than 72 MHz the Eclipse (and Optic 6) works with all other PPM receivers when set to SFT N.
Eclipse (& Optic 6) are factory default set on SFT N for use with all standard non shift selectable RX and Futaba receivers. However, some Hitec 72 MHz receivers are made with Positive shift for use with JR & Sanwa/Airtronics systems and when set to SFT P, the Eclipse will operate those equally well. User can have a mix of Positive shift and Negative shift RX and Eclipse will automatically use the shift programmed in for each model, when different models are in use.
Almost all servos are fully compatible with Hitec receivers, simply match wire colours, amend Futaba plugs in need, as shown Servos - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX. [FWIW have flown large model with a mix of Hitec,JR, Futaba and Sanwa/Airtronics servos on board - what was on the bench that day...]
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 AM
pjtrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A sincere THANK YOU to all who responded. It now looks like Lyle needs to go back to the manual for this Tx that is new to me, and review the settings I have made. I am very pleased to know that I should be able to use most any brand servo I already have.
Alan: Thank you for the link to the chart for servo wiring diagrams for use with other brands. I will go there next. I was amazed at the amount of help you have been to so many, when I found a link to your site from RCU, last night. Have a great week, all.