Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6EX or Spectrum DX6

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM
adamic39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EX or Spectrum DX6

Hello,
To start off I want to say that I am pretty new to the hobby and this is the first post I've made. The reason I started this post is that I have done a LOT of research of various topics on these forums and have found that there is a wealth of information and pleasant people, and I felt comfortable throwing this question out there.

I am planning on buying my first "real" radio and have a budget of a little more than $200. The immediate use would be for a foamie, however at some point I would like to branch out to helis (not any time soon though). The freedom of 2.4 Ghz is appealing but I want to buy the best radio I can afford. Does anyone have firm preferences about the Spektrum DX6, Futaba 6EX, or any other radio in that price range?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Adamic39
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba 6EX or Spectrum DX6

they are both excellent radios....

one thing you should know....

the Spektrum DX6 is designed to be ONLY used in smaller "park flyer" style models, while the Futaba FASST 6EX is a full range radio
Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Check out the new Spektrum DX6i due out soon at Horizon. Full range and under $200.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6600
Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
adamic39

Thank you for your replies. I had not heard about the DX6i. Perhaps I'll wait for it to come out. It looks like it has some of the features the DX6 lacks and a little bit more than the 6EX as well.
Adamic39