Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mode change on Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Viragored

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mode change on Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz

Hey everyone - I'm new to R/C and have just landed one of the Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz transmitters in New Zealand from Tower Hobbies in the USA - great pricing, but I now need to change the mode from 2 to 1. (Just about everybody in NZ flies Mode 1, including the local club instructors)

Can anyone point me to somewhere that will tell me how to change the sticks over, to put the throttle ratchet on the right stick and spring centre on the left one? Changing the programming is covered in the manual, which "helpfully" says get a Futaba service centre to change the sticks over.

I'm thinking that if we can build and fly planes successfully, we can probably use a screwdriver ... is that about right?

Thanks in advance
Dave
Old 10-22-2007, 06:43 AM
mvarzoni

Default RE: Mode change on Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz

I have done that here in Brazil, for some Walkera Helicopters that came from china.
I can say that that is not a easy task.
It is pretty possible, but not easy!

Mauricio
Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
JRexA

Changing the Futaba 6EX from Mode 2 to Mode 1 is VERY easy (IMO)

1: remove the battery, and the bottom of the radio

2: remove the ratchet from the left stick
3: install the Ratchet on the right stick

4: remove the centering assembly from the right stick (spring can be a little hard to get at)
5: install the centering assembly on the left stick

6: Install the bottom of the radio, and the battery

7: Change the mode in the programming (See page 34 of the manual)
7a: turn on the radio, while pressing the "Mode" and "Select" buttons
7b: select mode 1 (Or whatever mode you want)
7c: turn of the radio, and turn it on again.

8: The radio is now ready. For me, it took around 10-15 mins.

btw. I have never taken a radio apart before. (ok Ok, I do computers all the time)
Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Viragored

Thanks, Jesper, job done! It was quite easy, with the only fiddly bit being putting the centring spring on to the oposite stick. I finally did it by looping a thread through one end of the spring, dropping the spring onto the lower retaining hook, and pulling the spring up while fitting the operating lever into position. I then used the thread to hook the spring onto the lever. When I stopped trying to use tools to work with the spring, it all became really easy

By the way, in the box that the radio came in was a plastic bag holding a little shiny piece of metal - I wondered what it was for. Now that I've seen a throttle detent, I know it's the smooth one that helicopter guys need to use. The manual says to get the Futaba service centre to install it; but it's very easy to do yourself, and not fiddly at all.

Thanks again, Dave