Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo's

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 03:36 PM
johnstendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo's

I have been flying for two years now and see lots of post about a different Servo for the throttle and yet another for the control surfaces.

Why the difference ?

I currently have a Futaba Radio 6AXS and use the standard S3003/S3004 servos.

Could anyone recommend replacements for these (Hitec/JR other brand) servos ?

I am ready to break out of trainers and move up to more difficult planes and with the investment of time and money that is required for these planes. I just wanted to make sure that they are properly configured. The instructions call for standard servos and are very vague.

Specifically, I have a J3 CUB with a 80' wing span that is completed and I am ready to install the electronic along with a Top Flite Citrabria that I am almost done building (Ultracote to be applied)

TIA

Old 03-28-2003, 03:54 PM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Default Servo's

Any standard servos will work fine on the .40-.60 sized planes. Ball bearing standards work a little better, because they move smoother (read more precise) and last a little longer. You can move into faster or higher torque servos when you get into larger or more aerobatic planes. Most people will use a standard servo on the throttle because the throttle really has no torque requirement and is slightly less precise. It really all falls to the plane's requirements, your flying ability and your desire for precise movements. Check the www.horizonhobby.com for the JR specs and www.towerhobbies.com for Futaba and Hitec specs.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:17 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Default Servo's

I like to use smaller servos on the throttle they save weight and space inside the fuse.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Lynx

Default Servo's

No need for massive torque or speed on a throttle anyways. If it's hard to move it you need to do something with your engine =O