Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FLAPERON mode on DX6

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
cheddar-caveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLAPERON mode on DX6

I am trying to set up my DX6 (just bought) in FLAPERON mode, just to try it out on my Gemini.
On the AR6000 RECEIVER I have connected:
Left wing servo plugged into Rx channel 6 (flap)
Right wing servo plugged into Rx channel 2 (ail) per the manual, and as one usually does.
On DX6 - Turn on FLP in the Wing type selection menu.
Now then, I can adjust the travel for the right aileron (channel 2) using the TVL ADJ for AIL, but I can't work out how to adjust the travel for the left aileron (channel 6). It always goes to full travel in one direction? I can only alter the travel when using the FLP switch to actually lower (or raise) the flaps. I have some control over the left wing aileron using the DIF adjustment, but only in one direction?
Can't seem to find anything in the manual. It just sort of leaves you hanging on page 33 with both Flap switch positions set to "0" - no travel in either position??
All very confusing for an old man not familiar with this new system.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 AM
alan0899

Default RE: FLAPERON mode on DX6

G'day Mate,
On page 33 of the manual, It states that you need to turn "FPR" on, to activate the flapperon mixing, & it states that you should set the travel adjust for the flap channel to "0%" in both directions, have you done that?
When you have, it will work properly.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 AM
cheddar-caveman

Yes - please read my last paragraph where I say "Can't seem to find anything in the manual. It just sort of leaves you hanging on page 33 with both Flap switch positions set to "0" - no travel in either position"!! An yes, I have turned on the FLAPERON as detailed on top of page 34.

That is as far as the manual takes you in the set-up. From that point, I can adjust the right-hand aileron using TRAV-ADJ AIL etc, but cannot adjust the travel on the left-hand aileron using TRAV-ADJ FLP. The only thing this adjusts is the amount of travel you get when you operate the FLAP switch. It has no connection to travel when you use the aileron stick!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
It's not the flap position that you need to set to "0", it is the travel for the flap or aux channel 6.
It says & I quote, "In the travel adjust mode (see page 42) adjust the travel adjust values for flap to 0% in both directions, this will effetively turn off the flap switch for now.
Try that & see how you go.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
cheddar-caveman

And again yes, I agree that it not the flap position that I need to set, but that's exactly what that particular function does. It sets the travel input by the Flap switch to zero in both positions of the switch. It does NOT control the travel of the servo when moving the aileron stick!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:27 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
NO, you need to set the flap/aux travel to ZERO% in both directions, that will turn the switch OFF.
Forget where the switch is, just reduce the AUX CHANNEL travel to ZERO, in both directions of travel for that channel, NOT for the different positions of the switch.
Is that clear?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM
cheddar-caveman

Hi Alan - thanks for all this. Having tried all this, and emailed the manufacturer who ask me to phone them, I have reverted to channel 2 with a "Y" lead. To heck with flaps (for the time being)! It was only an experiment to see how slow I can get the Gemini before it "lands". I'm also putting on larger diameter wheels to help with the long grass!
Cheers.