Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servos? Futaba 3010 vs Hitec 635 vs HS645?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Geardaddys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos? Futaba 3010 vs Hitec 635 vs HS645?

hey folks.. looking for some opinions on servos from some of you who have used these various servos.. I'm going to put together a Seagull .60 sized Edge 540 this winter and I'm looking into the servos that I'll need. I'll probably use 6.0 volts regardless of which servo's I choose..A few folks have been using Futaba 3010's on this model (high torque plastic gears), but a friend of mine says that the Hitec 635/645's are a much more precise servo.. Anyone notice the Futaba 3010's to be more 'sloppy' than the hitec? Also, will the hitec karbonite geared servos be sufficient for a .60 sized 3D airplane? Planning on using a Saito 125 for power..

Thanks for any input!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Servos? Futaba 3010 vs Hitec 635 vs HS645?

Yes, the Futabas are *much* sloppier than the Hitecs.

I bought some 3010s for my Mojo60 and was really disappointed how much slop I ended up with on my control surfaces, despite using ball-joints on all linkages.

I ended up taking the 3010s out and putting Hitec 5925s in for a *huge* improvement.

Watch out using the HS635s for 3D however -- they have karbonite gears which wear really well but will shatter under sudden shock loads.

You *might* get away with it on a 60-sized bird but personally I wouldn't take the risk -- I'd go for metal-geared servos. The small increase in price would seem inconsequential if a stripped karbonte gear resulted in a loss of your model.

From the Hitec line I'd say that the HS625 (if you're on a budget) or the HS5625 if you want digital would do but you'd really find that the coreless hi-speed metal geared digitals (whatever the equivalent of the 5925 is these days) would be the bee's knees.

However, since you can also get the HS5955TG for around $90 a pop, consider carefully before spending more than $55 on any other digital servos these days. the 5955TG is just a killer servo and for the sake of $10-$20 I'd consider it a *much* better buy than any other coreless digital on the market. They are *fast*, *strong* and the gears last forever. If you buy a 5955TG today, you can use it in your 40% gaser tomorrow!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Geardaddys

Default RE: Servos? Futaba 3010 vs Hitec 635 vs HS645?

XJet,

thanks for the response, and for validating what I thought about the futaba 3010's.. I'll probably opt for the HS625's as this project does have a budget! Seems like they should last for quite a long time..

Geardaddys