Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

whats up ?

Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up ?

I have a charge jack on a plane but the funny thing is it seems to charge ok but when I put the checker on it it dosent register at all. I have used the checker on other planes and it works ok. What gives?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:26 AM
alan0899

Default RE: whats up ?

G'day Mate,
Are you using the checker, the right way round, in other words, is it the right polarity?
Also, make sure you are checking between positive & negitive, & not positive or negitive to the signal wire, this will give no indication.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:57 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may sound pretty basic, but is the aircraft switch off when you are checking the battery?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: the pope

I have a charge jack on a plane but the funny thing is it seems to charge ok but when I put the checker on it it dosent register at all. I have used the checker on other planes and it works ok. What gives?
If the checker doesn't register, how do you know that is charging OK?

Rafael
Old 11-10-2007, 04:54 AM
the pope

Thanks all , the charger showed a charge was going in and it turned off when it was charged. After talking with a flying bud who said it has to be either the battery or switch (which made sense even to me) I pulled the battery and it checked ok with the checker, I switched switches and bugger me alls aok again .So it was a dodgy switch which has found a new home in the bin. Thanks for your suggestions. cheers the pope