Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9 CAPS & FM /PCM receivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Firebird25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 CAPS & FM /PCM receivers

Just ordered a 9 CAPS Ch 54 TX/RX for use with gas engine powered a/c and EI. [FASST Module & RXs to be added in 2008]

1. Am I correct to assume that this TX, which features both FM & PCM, can be easily switched and be used with the appropriate RX of one or the other modulations ?

2. A quick Google search shows that only Traplet Books - AnnMarie Cross's 9C Guide is in existence. [This is apart from the original Futaba manual]. Would this 9C Guide be a wise investment?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: 9 CAPS & FM /PCM receivers

You didnt drill all the way down to the Futaba forum but
1. Yes, its set as part of the model memory, when you switch memory to another model it will change modulation if they are different but you have to power cycle the transmitter to complete the change. Its in the Parameter Menu for each model.

2. Yes its a great book though there are differences between the 9C that she wrote that book for, and the 9CSuper which is the current model so some of the menus are going to be a little different especially the glider and heli stuff. Great book though and she knows her stuff.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Firebird25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9 CAPS & FM /PCM receivers

Thanks for the info. Expect the system later this week. Depending on how accessible the Futaba Manual is, will order the Cross book. After all, I'll have several Winter months to study it!