Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

buzzing servos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 04:32 AM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buzzing servos?

Hi all, I'm setting up the wing servo on a 4*40 and when I get everything plugged in and turned on , the servo buzz's. It's a JR 537 I bought second hand. I removed the servo arm and the noise remains the same. It does get quiet at a couple of positions in its travel. thanks for the help, Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 04:47 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default buzzing servos?

hmmmm, I have seen my hitec 425s do this only when with a brand new charge on the pack

I know digitals that do that because of centering, but i dont think analogs normally do that too
Old 04-04-2003, 07:34 AM
strato911

Default buzzing servos?

I've seen analog servos do this - my own! It can be due to a few things. sometimes, due to trim settings, or hinges which aren't perfectly aligned, or a worn out potentiometer in the servo, or worn gears. There may be more reasons I have forgotten.

I've even seen brand new servos do it because the servo is trying to match the position requested from the receiver, but keeps "overshooting" by a hundredth of an inch, so it reverses, and overshoots again. In my case, it was with a receiver which was requesting more accurate positioning than the servo could provide. A light tap on the offending channel's stick, and it went away. This can also happen with an older transmitter where the potentiometers start to give erratic, conflicting results.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:10 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default buzzing servos?

The culprit is more than likely dirty or worn our pots. If the noise quits after the servo moves then it is the pot being dirty. If it is still there it could be a bind on the control surface. Switch servo's and see if the noise is there with a different servo. If so check the movement of your controls. Good Luck, Dave