Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

There is a tracker ll

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 02:17 PM
hatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There is a tracker ll

I have don't know of any radio in the USA that offers the Tracker II 's scan tool You guys are ahead of us on that

Hatman
Old 04-24-2003, 03:21 PM
strato911

Multiplex IS available in the US... typically 2 - 3 times the price of competitor's equipment.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:34 AM
hatman

thats why i haven't seen one yet .
Hatman
Old 04-28-2003, 02:06 PM
rcdemon61
My Feedback: (7)

Hi Guys ,some up dates and ?. Got my Hitec receivers working by switching the - to +. But I'm also having problems with the flaperon setting. The same problem mentioned earlier, with channel swapping. I switched from mode 2 to mode 1 and got things on the right side , but only 1 aileron works and the down throw was reduced. Has anyone sent the transmitter in for the updates. What was the turn around time for this if you have. I could go back to using a Y harness on the ailerons, but that kind of defeats the purpose on a Top Cat.The radio works great with the seeker receiver.
Later craig
Old 04-28-2003, 02:10 PM
rcdemon61

Hi again. Does anybody know what type of charge cord that I could use to quick charge the Tracker at the field if need be. I have both Futaba and JR cords. Is there one sold for the Tracker? Thanks again Craig
Old 04-28-2003, 02:21 PM
strato911

The Hitec ends I have seem to fit beautifully. The only Futaba end I have is from an old Attack radio (12 years old), and it makes a very loose connection, since the Futaba has a larger center pin, but it works too.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:46 PM
strato911

Originally posted by rcdemon
But I'm also having problems with the flaperon setting. The same problem mentioned earlier, with channel swapping. I switched from mode 2 to mode 1 and got things on the right side , but only 1 aileron works and the down throw was reduced.
Craig - can you provide more details of your setup. Are you using strip ailerons with flaperon function, or seperate ailerons and flaps? I was able to figure out my 4 servo wing, and I'm sure I can get this straightened out for you.

I didn't have to change a thing for my Hitec receiver. Yours is configured for +ve shift for Airtronics/JR compatability, but the default for Hitec is -ve shift for Futaba compatability.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:21 PM
strato911

For all the Tracker II owners reading this thread, I suggest you reduce the onboard timer from 60 minutes to something more realistic, like 15 - 20 minutes. The alarm has already informed me once when I forgot to turn it off while on the workbench.

Originally posted by merlm
...the battery meter says Polks Hobby and it doesn't have any volt markings, just a red line that changes to chrome.

There is a digital read-out of the voltage on the LCD.
The reason there's no volt markings is they call this the RF signal meter. The digital voltage reading starts beeping when the battery get low, and as the voltage drops further, it becomes a VERY fast, annoying beeping.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:57 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Default RF signal meter?

They might call it a signal strength meter but I don't think it really is, it comes on as soon as you turn the radio on and before it is transmitting.

Brian
Old 04-28-2003, 08:34 PM
strato911

Good point... In that case, I don't know. With the digital voltage readout and the low-voltage alarm, why would you need to have an analog meter?

There's no need for anything to be analog on this radio, aside from the proportional controls (and they are converted to digital values too). I was in the diagnostics menu and saw it
Old 04-28-2003, 08:40 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Default Anagol meter

Maybe they had it molded in and figured they would throw it in or so if the screen doen't come on you know to shut it off and turn it back on like when you scan for a frequency and the darn screen doesn't work.

I have had this happen several times, it states in the manual to turn it off and back on in this instance. I emailed Mr. Polk about this. It seems a little hoky.

Brian
Old 04-28-2003, 08:52 PM
strato911

Brian - sounds weird. What did Mr. Polk say?

No problems with my screen. I didn't even notice that comment in the manual. I managed to figure out the programming without ever referencing it.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:16 PM
strato911

Hey Brian, that's the wrong button combination

To enter scanning mode, press & hold "Mode Up" while turning the transmitter on. (page 8)

To enter programming mode press both "Mode Up & Down" once the transmitter has finished "booting up". (page 12)

If you press & hold both Mode buttons while turning it on, it goes into a special (undocumented in the manual) diagnostic mode.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:03 AM
wrecker5

Strato911,

Does your unit display the time??

Mine doesn't. It would be nice to see how much time is remaining.

It would also be nice to start the timer at take-off, rather then when the radio is turned on. I have a couple of enignes that don't start on the first flip.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:33 PM
strato911

No, mine doesn't show the time either. The countdown timer can be restarted (reset) by pressing the "Data +" button when you want the timer to start. I've tried it and it works (page 11).
Old 04-29-2003, 02:33 PM
hatman

Mr Polk
Can we cycle the trans battery without taking it out of the radio?

Hatman
Old 05-01-2003, 12:40 PM
lewispolk

Dear Hatman,

Yes, you can re-cycle the battery in the tx in place.

Yours truly,
Lewis Polk
Old 05-01-2003, 05:58 PM
rcdemon61

Strato. Thanks for the info on the charging cords. I didn't want to change a fuse from using the wrong one. I 'm using strip ailerons on a morris Hobbies Top Cat. I'm also using them mixed to the elevator in a flaperon setting( up elevator, down flaps). I honestly have not spent alot of time working with this set-up on the Tracker. Been working over 60 hours a week, and I just don't have the patients right now in my present state of mind. I'm usually pretty good at figuring these type of things out, was just hoping that someone else has so I wouldn't have to. The one day a week that I have free right now is better spent flying. Thanks for any help you can give me with this issue.
Later Craig
Old 05-04-2003, 03:23 PM
strato911

Default Polk's advertising on RCU

It seems that Mr Polk has acknowledged the interest in the Tracker II and Seeker II generated in RCU. I just saw an advertising banner here for the Seeker II!

When I consider all the research and promoting of the Tracker II I did over the last few months, maybe I should ask him for a commission cheque.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:31 PM
hatman

Strato
Will You split the check with me
Hatman
Old 05-04-2003, 03:39 PM
strato911

Sure Hatman. I'll discuss it further when I see a cheque.

The tracker II is advertised here as well.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Lewis Polk

Dear Guys,

I'll split the check with you if you pay me back for the year's of development costs to make the radio. This was a big buck project financed by me 100%, so I do appreciate the input and yes it did cause me to take the ad. Perhaps R/C universe should give you a commission.

All kidding aside I do appreciate the light you are shedding on a relatively unkown product and the intricasies of such. I'll try to monitor this board and get you answers you need.

All the best,
Lewis Polk
Old 05-06-2003, 04:41 PM
strato911

I'm just glad I could help promote an innovative alternative to the competition. A large part of this hobby is about helping others, and giving back for the help received. Ironically, the Tracker II was the reason I joined RCU.

I wanted to purchase my first computer radio, and was comparing the Eclipse and 9C. Then I stumbled across your (Lewis Polk) first ever post on RCU regarding the Seeker II. Several emails later, I was sold on the Tracker II. I liked the concept so much, I just had to spread the news..
Old 05-06-2003, 07:24 PM
jimw1
My Feedback: (1)

Default Tracker II Questions

Hi To All:

I have been following the thread about the Tracker II and have to admit it sounds like a great radio. The synthesizer for changing channels and the scanner are outstanding features. I am almost convinced to buy the Tracker II instead of the Futaba 9C however before I do I have some questions that I hope this group can help me with.

From what I read I assume the shift can be changed from positive (JR, Airtronics) to negative (Futaba, Hitec).

How is the transmit frequency determined. Is it manually selectable or is it automatically selected as a result of scanning? I presently have seven flight packs on the same channel and would like to keep and use them unless there is a conflict at the field. So far there has only been one conflict on my frequency.

The Tracker II is advertised to have 99 model memories. How are the memories named? Are they given a number 1-99 or can the models be truly named? If so how many characters per name?

Can the Tracker II be programmed to operate a wing with four servos like the Ultra Stick?

Is there any way to obtain a copy of the owner's manual to answer these and other questions before buying the radio?

I apologize for taking up so much bandwidth but I couldn't find any other way to get answers to these questions.

Are the current Trackers being shipped with the upgraded software to correct the flaperon problem reported here?

Thank you all for bearing with me and hopefully answering these questions.

Jim
Old 05-06-2003, 07:53 PM
hatman

CONTACT LEWIS POLK FOR A MANUAL THE MODELS ARE NUMBERED NOT NAMED YES YOU CAN ASSIGN A FREQ
I DO NOT KNOW ANYMORE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

HATMAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.