Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Quick question about my Futaba Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Mav-Ric
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about my Futaba Radio

Hello all; real quick question:

I have a 4 channel Futaba T4EXA Transmitter, and I would like to use it for my ParkZone F-27C Stryker. Is there any chance that I can take the crystal out of the Futaba receiver and place it in the ParkZone receiver, and that the radio will work? I know it's a silly question, but I just dont like the "cheapness" of the ParkZone transmitter. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mav-Rick
Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Quick question about my Futaba Radio

It depends.

If its shift compatable with Futaba then you would need a crystal made by park zone for that reciever, on the same channel as your 4EX

Some of those recievers (gws is one example) are shift selectable, some are only compatable with Futaba OR JR
Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

And some are on 27 mHz.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Mav-Ric
My Feedback: (10)

How do I know if it's "shift compatible?" If I just put the crystal in the ParkZone receiver and plug the battery, can I ruin the receiver? The ParkZone transmitter is 72mHz just as the Futaba....
Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

You can try it, it won't blow up but I wouldn't fly it without the proper crystal.

There's a lot involved.

1. Freqency band, is your park zone on 72 or 27mhz

2. Some recievers are dual conversion, some are single conversion, you can only use a single conversion crystal in a single conversion receiver and vice versa

3. Shift direction. Futaba and hitec transmitters use negative shift to encode information on the carrier. Airtronics and JR use positive shift. These off brand transmitters will be compatible with (or even made by) one or the other.

4. You should only use a crystal designed for the reciever you are putting it into. It may appear to work on the ground but there is no guarante it will work once airborn and though it might, are you willing to take the chance?

So to sum it up, you need a crystal on the proper channel, of the proper conversion type, made for or by the manufacturer of the reciever in question AND the reciever must be shift compatable with your Futaba transmitter (negative) for it all to work safely. If you dont have the right channel, conversion, and shift it wont work at all.