Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help my Radio doesn't work anymore

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
WGMitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help my Radio doesn't work anymore

Newby on the forum.

I have an older Adspec radio and Tamiya truck and the radio is not working any more. I have tried several thing, but something is fried on the board. I am looking to replace the radio as inexpensively as possible. The radio is a 2 channel with replaceabel crystal. I would rather not replace the servos in my truck. There are a ton of radios on ebay, but I don't know which one to buy. Can I buy a similiar radio to what I have now and just put the crystal I have in the new radio?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help my Radio doesn't work anymore

ORIGINAL: WGMitch

Newby on the forum.

I have an older Adspec radio and Tamiya truck and the radio is not working any more. I have tried several thing, but something is fried on the board. I am looking to replace the radio as inexpensively as possible. The radio is a 2 channel with replaceabel crystal. I would rather not replace the servos in my truck. There are a ton of radios on ebay, but I don't know which one to buy. Can I buy a similiar radio to what I have now and just put the crystal I have in the new radio?

Good question and we will be seeing more like this (why I fly NOTHING but 2.4 )
Here is the problem:
your unit is essentially a "toy" -and tho all of our stuff is " toys", the support for the RT RUN types is typically "remove and replace " as little of the equipment matches up with the hobby market radios such as JR/Futaba etc..
So the short answer is "no". but there may be other Tamiya toys which do have a tx which will work .
Radio Shack and " We be toys n sh-t" carry other similar stuff and maybe--you will find a radio which will work
the other path is to buy a discarded hobby RC set and adapt it to the truck
The frequencies used tho -may be same as the model aircraft use and if you accidently cause someone elses model to crash - you may be liable for damages or simply get your a--kicked. deservedly--
Old 12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
WGMitch

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

ORIGINAL: WGMitch

Newby on the forum.

Good question and we will be seeing more like this (why I fly NOTHING but 2.4 )
Here is the problem:
your unit is essentially a "toy" -and tho all of our stuff is " toys", the support for the RT RUN types is typically "remove and replace " as little of the equipment matches up with the hobby market radios such as JR/Futaba etc..
So the short answer is "no". but there may be other Tamiya toys which do have a tx which will work .
Radio Shack and " We be toys n sh-t" carry other similar stuff and maybe--you will find a radio which will work
the other path is to buy a discarded hobby RC set and adapt it to the truck
The frequencies used tho -may be same as the model aircraft use and if you accidently cause someone elses model to crash - you may be liable for damages or simply get your a--kicked. deservedly--

Thanks Dick!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Take it to your local hobby shop and find a "car guy" to help. Maybe a better surface radio can work with your truck. Any radio with a wheel instead of sticks should be on a surface channel, so you won't shoot down planes.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Seems like I've heard this before on another forum when I called some RC equipment "toys". Go to a LHS. I sell car radios as low as $60 with out servos. Dennis
Old 12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
WGMitch

Thanks for the replies.

I suspect LHS means Local Hobby Shop...? I don't have any local hobby shops near me. There was one in a mall about an hour from me, but that closed down, from what I've heard.

BTW, I think shooting down planes is the least of my worries. The absolute least!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

If you can post a picture of your servo plugs, maybe we can help.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:39 PM
WGMitch

I can't believe I found this, but it just goes to show that everything is on YouTube.com.

This shows the exact controller I have.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQxxspuXK0
Old 12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADSPEC-RADIO-CON...QQcmdZViewItem
this may work for you.