Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bad Rx or my fault?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
dpawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Rx or my fault?

Hey guys, well anyone that watches the HPI MT forum will know this story... but, here goes.

I ran my Savage X 4.6 in the snow. I never protected the electronics [:'(]

It started driving odd. Then I could not control it at all the next day. I have pulled apart the receiver many many times, dried it with a hairdryer and let it sit for two days. It spazzes out any time I TAP it, and when on the truck I suppose the motor vibrations are causing it do spaz as well.

It seems better than it was, but is still undrivable.

I can get it to work flawlessly w/o the motor running. Then a slight tap to the case, or run the motor, and it spazzes.

Is there any way to fix this? I can't even be sure it's the Rx, the wires, maybe a short in a servo? This is not fun I can tell you that!
I really wish it was working because the truck is new and I just finished break in about 2 tanks ago. I am ready to rock - and it is not!

Any tips? I am going to attempt to st it all up with an old duratrax Rx but I don't know if I can find it or the matching transmitter (HPI is 27Mhz and duratrax is 75mhz )

Thanks guys...
Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 AM
dpawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Rx or my fault?

OK Well... I got the duratrax rx set up, and got in with my old Linx transmitter (I still love that thing!) from my Tamiya Terra Conqueror.
After spending 15 minutes just to get the cover on the rx, I realized something - there is no WAY water got in there. Not only was there NO snow around the rx area when it started spazzing, that thing is very well sealed in there... So, I think I have a bad rx that HPI should cover... am I wrong? Please advise whether I should attempt warranty replacement on it, or the crystals, or both.
Thanks again.