Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Orbit Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Crash-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orbit Electronics

Dose anyone Know If there is an Orbit Electronics distributor in th US or any shops that carry there stuff.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:54 PM
ec121k

I'm assuming that you are refering to the Orbit Electronics that manufactured radio control equipment in the late 50's through the 1970's.

If so, it is long gone like the other US manufacturers. Bob Dunham was the founder and he to passed a few years ago.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Crash-RCU

I forgot about the Orbit that made radios. I am looking for Orbit Electronic that is in Germany. Don't really want to order direct if I don't have to.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:41 PM
theox

http://radicalrc.secure-mall.com/sho...=72&cart=23093
Old 04-16-2003, 09:54 PM
spud12

FYI--- Bob Dunhams Orbit still exists. Their address is:
Orbit Electronics, Inc.
417 Pomeroy PLace
Horizon City, TX 79928
915-852-2735
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 04-17-2003, 09:50 AM
ec121k

Interesting. What to they do these days??? Also, I wonder who runs it now.

Back in the days of the "Black Boxes", we in the low budget group could only dream of owning one of those fine radio systems.

Let's see. There was Orbit, Kraft, Logictrol, Micro Avionics, ProLine, Min-X, F&M, Controlaire, and a bunch more.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Orbit Electronics in Texas

Yeah, what do they do? I have an Orbit 6-12 single stick complete except for good batteries. I'm wondering what to do with it.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:06 PM
ec121k

They might be able to be narrow banded by Tony Stillman or Pete Waters. That would be the transmitter only.

I used to fly SS but just gave up and went totally two stick. Just couldn't see fighting it any longer. Too costly to get a custom transmitter made or buy one from Marv Jensen.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Mike Denest

I've already contacted them about it. Both said it was not possible. The only thing else to do would be get some Ace 6 meter guts and install it.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:49 PM
spud12

Default Orbit radio to new freqs.

The problem with trying to gold sticker old Orbits is the original design of the circuit board. The board in the two stick models was an "H" shape single piece board. One leg below the stick assemblies, (the encoder section), One leg above the sticks, (the RF section), and the cross leg between the sticks connecting the two sections. An Ace Silver Seven board will not fit directly but can be used if the case back is extended and standoffs made for the board. Have not tried single stick box yet.
The new Orbit was put together in 1983 and has been a one man business doing minor repairs until I ran out of parts. I was able to do some modifications (rollswitchs and dual rate). Standard components can still be found but they rarely fail. Most of the IC's are not available any longer. I was successful in converting original flight packs to three wire system using Ace servo amps until Signetics stopped making their servo amps chips.
In 2000 I bought Bill Effingers W.E. Technical Services and after a couple false starts I am finally able to ship W.E Tech plans. Short story behind that: borrowed large amount of money to help son and daughter buy two existing franchise restaurants. Lasted 6 months, started failing, we (wife and I) took over working 18-20 hours, 7 days a week to recover and prevent bankruptcy. I had to close Orbit. I apologize to all who sent requests for catalogs and plans. The money was never deposited or spent. I still have checks and money orders which are no longer good.
John Melvin
Orbit Electronics, Inc.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:04 PM
nairb5

Default RE: Orbit radio to new freqs.

to mike denest, i,ll give your orbit a good home, brian, [mercer model museum]??? [email protected]
Old 11-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Mike Denest

Sorry Brian, I took care of that.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:52 PM
ZAGNUT

why not stuff it with a microstar 2000 encoder? [link]http://www.mstar2k.com[/link]

dave