Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

the better radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:27 PM
rcflyer0288

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the better radio

which one of these makes a better six channel radio, the airtronics rd600 super, or the futaba 6xa. I was lookig for a good six channel radio and would like to find the better deal. the airtronics is a little more expensive but has some more functions, the 6xa is cheaper and futaba has always been a good name but it has less functions. plus i am only fourteen so that might play in the budget factor
Old 04-07-2003, 08:27 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default the better radio

What is your budget. Futaba is better than airtronics in any event. I have had 3 airtronics and they all had the same problems and the factory was not helpfull. I won't use them again, ever.

If you can wait a bit to get more cash or have the parents help you, the 9C is a by far better radio. Mow a few extra lawns and get it and it will last you till you get out of college and will be a much better investment.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default the better radio

You might also want to check out the Hitec Eclipse with Spectra Module. An excellent buy.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:13 AM
lownslo

Default Spectra Module??

Hello Rodney, Do you own the Eclipse 7? I was wondering about the "reliabiliy" of this module.
Don't get me wrong..... I don't know anything about these, I am not running it down. I was concerned about "drifting" off the frequency, etc.
I was wanting to buy either the Hitec Eclipse 7 or the Futaba 6XAS and don't know anything about this module thing. Can you .... or anyone else...elaborate on this module. All my servos and receivers have "evolved" to Hitec brand over the last 2 years. For some reason, maybe because I read something bad about the Eclipse, I am hesitant to go Hitec for the TX. I do beleive it is a better "bang for the buck". Tell me your thoughts guys!!! Thanks in advance... lownslo..

Bob
Old 04-09-2003, 05:39 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default the better radio

I Would have to say the oppisite of Flyboy. I had nothing but problems with Futaba service and have nothing but bad things to say. I have had good service from Airtronics service. I have 2 RD's and 6 VG's

The RD Super has more features then the 6 channel Futabas.

Have not flown with or used the Hitec radio so I can not say anything about it. I have also had problems with Hitec service.

My opinion.

Dru.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Crashem

Default the better radio

FLYBOY,

In every post I've seen you state that Futaba is best by fair as if this were a fact instead of an opinion!!! While I'm all for brand loyalty I think that you take it to the extreme.

For every brand of radio one will have people that love it or hate it.

In the end its up to the individual to pick brand based on their specific needs.

blvdbuzzard,

Buy the radio with the most features in a price range you can afford. I own airtronics JR and hitec and if you blind folded me and handed me a transmitter I'd be hard pressed to tell you which is which. Features and price are more important then "brand"!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 08:20 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default the better radio

Do a search on the Eclipse 7 and Hitec service and see what others have said. Both are top notch!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:49 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default the better radio

Lownslow

I own four Prism 7x's and one eclipse three Spectra modules and two fixed frequency modules. Have been using the Spectra's close to five years now and there have been no problems. The system is absolutely reliable. The Eclipse is a superb radio, better than any in its class if you can live without power crow and duel mixed elevator servos.

Concerning service, Having delt with service departments of all the majors clear back to Orbit I can honestly say Hitec is in fact the best. As a matter of fact for my pylon aspirations I use fourteen 555 Rx's and over forty 225 servos for just that purpose and if it were not for their service depatment I would not be able to continue in the sport. Aircraft attrition is high and I just keep boxs going back and forth to them and the cost almost gets embarassing its so minimal. Best of all those stupid receipts are not a big issue with them.

John
Old 04-09-2003, 09:51 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Default the better radio

You know what, Futaba, Hitec, JR and Airtronics are all equally good radios with regards to functionality, reliability, longevity, service, etc. They are all top notch radios.

Someone has had a terrible experience with one brand while the next person had the best experience with that same brand. It all comes down to what will work best for you. Don't buy because of brand name, buy because its the best radio FOR YOU!

Remember, opinions are like *******s...everybody has one (including me ).
Old 04-09-2003, 11:11 PM
TyH.

Default the better radio

Another great radio if your budget allows is the JR XP8103. There are tons of things that you can do with it.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:14 PM
FLYBOY

Default the better radio

Originally posted by Crashem
FLYBOY,

In every post I've seen you state that Futaba is best by fair as if this were a fact instead of an opinion!!! While I'm all for brand loyalty I think that you take it to the extreme.

It probably does come across that way. I have flown most, and yes, I like futaba the best.

Every radio made is about the same quality and some have functions others don't. When I was flying on the circut, there were people that hated Futaba for the same reasons I don't like airtronics. I don't tell people they are wrong for going with another brand, and I do my best to back up their decisions with positive input where I can, but when asked, I state my feelings. Don't mean for them to come across as facts, but on a computer, they probably come across that way.

Thanks for pointing it out though. I will try to watch how I state it.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:53 PM
lownslo

Default compliment!!

Hello FLYBOY, I must take time to compliment you on the gracious and "common sense" way you replied to crashem. He did nothing wrong... but it did "sting a little". (he did make good points)!! Anyway........ nice going!!!

PS. You are right about the way statements can come across on the computer. I try to use smilies to "set the mood" when I proof read my post. It don't always work.
.......lownslo..

Bob
Old 04-11-2003, 02:40 AM
FLYBOY

Default the better radio

Thanks. We are all here to try to help and have some fun bulding the hobby.