Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual conversion and transmitters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:21 AM
plkracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual conversion and transmitters?

I have a 4exa radio that i use for my park flyer, but it came with a micro receiver and single conversion crystals. I was wondering if i could stick a dual conversion crystal in that radio to use for another plane with a dual conversion receiver? thanks. The single conversion crystal doesn't work in the receiver.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:39 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Dual conversion and transmitters?

G'day Mate,
The receiver has the dual or single conversion crystal, not the transmitter, you must use a single conversion crystal in a single conversion receiver, & dual conversion in dual conversion RX, you cannot mix them or they won't work.
Is that clear.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As alan0899 says, the transmitter is the same for either single or dual conversion receivers, also the same for positive or negative shift as all these variences are in the receiver design only.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rodney As alan0899 says, the transmitter is the same for either single or dual conversion receivers, also the same for positive or negative shift as all these variences are in the receiver design only.
"also the same for positive or negative shift as all these variences are in the receiver design only." ?
JR & Futaba 72 & 75 MHz TX operate on different shifts and require speciifc receivers which is now overcome by most new receivers incorporating auto shift.
Hitec Eclipse, Optic 6, Sanwa/Airtronics RD6/8000 incorporate user selectable shift - Refer to

Negative and/or positive shift in Transmitters and Receivers - 101 re Differences

Single Conversion vs Dual Conversion - fact sheet.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: plkracer
...I was wondering if i could stick a dual conversion crystal in that radio to use for another plane with a dual conversion receiver?...
Everybody gave you the information you need about the receivers.

I should tell you that in the US, according to the FCC, the end user (you), unless certified, should not mess with the crystals in the transmitter. Only with the crytals on the receiver.

Rafael
Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Bad_Daddy

Yeah, that Funny Candy Company sure has some silly rules, don't they?[sm=lol.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=lol.gif] [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
tadawson

Please note that this only applies on 72MHz - should you happen to be a HAM operator and fly on 50, then this rules does **NOT** apply, and you can change at will . . . . or even build your own transmitter!

For what it's worth . . . .

- Tim

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: plkracer
...I was wondering if i could stick a dual conversion crystal in that radio to use for another plane with a dual conversion receiver?...
Everybody gave you the information you need about the receivers.

I should tell you that in the US, according to the FCC, the end user (you), unless certified, should not mess with the crystals in the transmitter. Only with the crytals on the receiver.

Rafael
Old 12-21-2007, 04:11 PM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

I don't find it "Silly" at all.In fact it would be comforting,IF so many others didn't think it is "Silly".
What is "Silly" (IMHO),is that the FCC doesn't specify what the required "Certification" is.They say
you must be "certified as technically qualified to perform transmitter maintenance and repair duties
in the private land mobile services and fixed services by an organization or committee representative
of users of those services".
What organization or Group is that?? What is their certification process? What does it cost??How long is it good for??
Old 12-22-2007, 12:18 AM
plkracer

Ok, so i should only need a dual conversion crystal set, and I should be good to go? Thanks. I'm not doing anything with the crystals in the TX, but just making sure if they are compatable, and if you need a dual conversion for the TX too.