Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Good Quality Standard Servo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Radian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Quality Standard Servo?

Hi,
I am just getting into planes and need a few recommendataions for a good quality standard servo. I would like to keep cost down but not at the expense of quality. Are the S3003 fine for 46 size planes? Or would I be better off with a ball bearing servo? I was also looking at the Hitec 322, 325, 422 and 425. How well do they compare. Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:27 AM
Seimberg
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Quality Standard Servo?

I have used Futaba S3003, 3004, and S-148 servos in my 40 size planes running 46 size engines since I got into the hobby 7 years ago. Have never had a single problem with these servos, and all but 2 are still in action. The 2 I lost were due to getting T-boned in midairs in combat. No servo can withstand that impact. I think the 3003 will be sufficient, and is a great all around standard servo!!! -Eric-
Old 04-08-2003, 05:00 AM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec

The Hitec 322's would do you very good. So would the Futaba's like Eric said. The Hitec's you can get at ServoCity.com for $9.95-free shipping to boot. I just got 5 of them from them. The 3003 is $12.95. Both are very good servos, as are all the major brands these days. As for BB servos, thats up to you rather you want to spend the extra $3-$4. They say they last a little longer, but you have people using them w/o BB and lasting several years. I've only been flying for not quite three years, so I can only give you my experience with them so far-and it has been very good. You get to the 1/4 size planes and I would certainly use BB servos then, and probably metal-gear servos at that.

Dan