Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mixed radio gear

Old 12-23-2007, 09:12 PM
kamakazi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixed radio gear

Im wondering if I can use a dual conversion receiver with Futuaba servos and use a Jr Transmitter. I want to use this setup because Futuaba servos are readily available from Tower Hobbies. I prefer Futuaba servos over Jr because they have a servo priced under $30 that has all the power I want and the type servo I want.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Mixed radio gear

Servos dont care what brand your reciever is.
Recievers usually have to be the same brand as the transmitter especially if using Pcm.

So use whatever servos you want.

One thing that you will find is that Futaba servos have a little tab and JR/Hitec do not. You can cut off the tab and they will fit and work fine just make sure you plug them in the right way round.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 AM
kamakazi
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Mixed radio gear

Thanks for the reply Panzlflyer, I found a servo made by Futuaba that has the universal connector thats exactly what I want. Its the Futuaba S3010 for 24.99 . I has the "Molex" or universal plug that will work on about all receivers. I didn't know this before I posted this question. I have used Futuaba servos on JR receivers before, but I dont like shaving the little "spade" off the side, it never does fit exactly right.