Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR DS8717 in 29% Sukhoi??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Jarrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR DS8717 in 29% Sukhoi??

Hey guys just about to pick up a WH 29% Sukhoi and am deciding which servos to run. It has be suggested that 200Oz per surface is plenty and as such I am considering running the DS8717. They make 196Oz @ 6v and are crazy fast. Just wanted to get some opinions. Also I see tons of people round here run Hitech, is there any reason for this, in price or performance compared to JR. Reason that I ask is that almost everyone at my field is running JR servos, and as such im partial to them.

Cheers
Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 AM
pupmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR DS8717 in 29% Sukhoi??

Jarrah,

The main reason for people using the HiTec in Australia is due to the price, I am using Hitec5985 (only slightly higher advertised torque than the JR8717) on my ailerons and elevators and a HiTec5955 on my rudder. There are people at my club with the other types of WH 28% aircraft running HiTec645 on all the surface with great success, so from the specs that you have provided for the JR8717 I do not think that you will have any problem with them, although you might want to consider a higher torque servo for the rudder such as the Hitec5955 or equivalent JR servo (8611a or 8711), however this depends on what type of flying you want to do and whether you will be doing a lot of manoeuvres such as 3d that require extreme rudder input.

Cheers
Pupmeister