Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

149DP. Hot outer case?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 AM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 149DP. Hot outer case?

I went flying today an noticed after 8 great flights that my rx was hot while i was takeing my model down for the ride home. I mean Hot. Not warm. I use a Nimh 2000ma 6.0 volt pack. 4 -3152 Futaba servos an 1 3004 servo.The power to the rx comes through the DSC port. Everything is working great. Have never really felt of an rx to see if it was hot, But i had to unplug some ext. wires an notices it.. Should i be alarmed
Old 01-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 149DP. Hot outer case?

I would run this by Bax on the Futaba support here. For you to feel a "really hot" case, especially after several minutes from flying, you had to be getting temps near that melting point of solder. There isn't that kind of mass to hold heat for that length of time. My suggestion would be to send the receiver in for a look see. The higher voltage will mean higher draw to some extent, and the digitals can draw a heafty load. It is just possible you are pushing the limits, and maybe to far. Get it checked out.

Don
Old 01-13-2008, 03:57 AM
masonman

There is a guy at the field with a 38% yak. He has 8 Hitec 5955 digital servos hooked to his 149 an all is well. says he has not noticed any problems with heat. I may have bounced something loose in it with one of my less than steller landings,But on that note. everything still works fine with it though
Old 01-13-2008, 03:59 AM
masonman

One other thing.This was my first time flying runin power through the DSC port. I may switch it back the way it was an see if that cools it down. If not i will have to do something else
Old 01-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check all your servos and linkages to make sure none are binding. Some times locktite can get where its not supposed to be, or you may have a linkage too tight for free movement.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: masonman

One other thing.This was my first time flying runin power through the DSC port. I may switch it back the way it was an see if that cools it down. If not i will have to do something else
All of the ports on the rx are a common power buss so it should not make any difference which ports you use for power input to the rx. I ran all of my R149DP's with dual power inputs and the DSC port was one of the ports I used for that, I never noticed a hot rx...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 PM
masonman

I tryed useing ch9 for power today. Never got it off the ground, buy i worked the controls till both tx an rx were near dead. Nothing got hot. So i recharged an tryed the DSC port agin. worked the controls for 15 mins. Nothing was hot. May have been a one time thing. I may send it in to be looked at cause that rx i want to put in a soon to be completed 27%extra.I want everything to be working a 100%