Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need receiver help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 12:51 AM
FOD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need receiver help

I have some old fp-r6f receivers i got in a trade.on the front there is a small round red sticker with the frequency on it. on top of this sticker is a silver sticker with ch. 48 and 72.750. does this indicate that it has been narrow banded. i have two receivers like this and two that just have the red stickers.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:56 AM
thtoyman
My Feedback: (7)

Default radio

No . Is should be a gold one with date on it.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:13 AM
FOD MAN

so the receivers should have the same gold sticker that my old transmitter's have
Old 04-15-2003, 11:35 PM
thtoyman
My Feedback: (7)

Default rx

Can I ask what you paid for them? Maybe you would like to sale them.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:57 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You cannot tell if a receiver is narrow band by a gold sticker. The receivers were not normally stickered only the transmitter. Since the letter of the law only applies to the TX and there was a period during the transition after 1991 that in many areas many clubs allowed wide band receivers with restricted channel use allowing for wider separation. Now twelve years after the fact virtually every organized flying site will not allow narrow band Rx's.

If a Rx is labled dual conversion that may indicate the possibility that it is narrow band but even this is not locked in stone as there were many exceptions. It is however not a good idea to acquire a used Rx that is not labled 'dual conversion' with the exception of JR Rx's and in some cases the newer 'park flyer' type single conversion units.

The best way for you to tell is to check the FAQ's at the Futaba website. If those RX's do not turn out not to be narrow band may I suggest you do the right thing and not try to resell them.

John