RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Glitch Futaba System

Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 PM
trevtt600

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Glitch Futaba System

Hello All. I just put together my CMP Giles 202 140, and have about 25-30 flights on it. At my flying field, i get a "glitch" in the radio system, everyonce and a while, and it seems to almost always happen in the same spot on the field. Its just a quick hit, and thats it. It dosen't happen all the time, but i am worried that it might totally disable me sometime. What do you think it could be? I have just a standard futaba reciever, futaba tx with DS821 servos, and one Hitech, high torque servo. Any hints would be appriciated.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Glitch Futaba System

At our field we have lots of people get hit in the same spot with different brand radios. Doesn't happen every day, just once in a while. It's quite a mystery to us.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Reflected signal off a metal fence or tower? Maybe a spot where you are pointing your transmitter antenna at the plane and the plane is nose-on to you so that the receiver antenna is straight out away from you?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
trevtt600

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Teachu2: That kinda sounds like it might be it. I have another plane on the same radio, and it dosen't happen to that plane. It is a big mistery. Is there anything i can try to change or put in the system that might stop it?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try relocating your antenna, and make sure your transmitter antenna is 90 degrees to the plane.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:20 AM
A.T.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trevtt600 Hello All. I just put together my CMP Giles 202 140, and have about 25-30 flights on it. At my flying field, i get a "glitch" in the radio system, everyonce and a while, and it seems to almost always happen in the same spot on the field. Its just a quick hit, and thats it. It dosen't happen all the time, but i am worried that it might totally disable me sometime. What do you think it could be? I have just a standard futaba reciever, futaba tx with DS821 servos, and one Hitech, high torque servo. Any hints would be appriciated.
Well covered at Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links under "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" sub sections "Receiver - FAQ, guides and aids to best reception.." and "Glitches & Jitter in RX & Servo - causes and cures"
Regards
Alan T.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Campgems

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We had a guy having a similuar problem but he was flying 2.4. It turned out that his antenna wire was broken at the receier and if the plane was orintated just right he lost signal. The covering was intact, but the wire was broken. It's worth feeling the wire to see if you have a skinny spot in the covering.

It is susprising the range you can get with a bad receiver antenna or colapsed transmitter antenna. A few months back, I was up about 200 ft or so and out maybe 800 to a thousand feet, I like to fly high. I looked down at the transmitter and I had forgotten to pull the antenna up. I had been up for a couple minutes when I saw it. I about wrecked the plane getting the antenna pulled out, real panic at that point.

Don.