RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RE: JR 9303 tx memory problems

Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR 9303 tx memory problems

I would like to hear from some JR 9393 users.
Four people at our field have had problems with there setups and trims changing on there 9303 tx's. (all are pcm versions)(and all are with in one year old) Usually it would be noticed at the start of a new flying day. You would turn on the radio and then the plane and the controls would be all over the place. But this has also happened during the flying day between flights. Two of the flyers sent the tx's back to Horizon and they sent them back and said there wasnt anything wrong with them. I dont understand why you could fly land and turn off your plane and RX, and fifteen minutes later turn back on and everything has changed. One club member crashed his heli due to this, his programing changed between flights, and when he went up he couldnt come back down.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Jim T
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mandtra

I would like to hear from some JR 9393 users.
Four people at our field have had problems with there setups and trims changing on there 9303 tx's. (all are pcm versions)(and all are with in one year old) Usually it would be noticed at the start of a new flying day. You would turn on the radio and then the plane and the controls would be all over the place. But this has also happened during the flying day between flights. Two of the flyers sent the tx's back to Horizon and they sent them back and said there wasnt anything wrong with them. I dont understand why you could fly land and turn off your plane and RX, and fifteen minutes later turn back on and everything has changed. One club member crashed his heli due to this, his programing changed between flights, and when he went up he couldnt come back down.

Thanks

I understand what you're saying about trims, but could you elaborate on what what you mean about setups?

Thanks, Jim
Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 AM
mandtra

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's pretty much trims, but sometimes it's extreme like the elevator is changed by two inches, and the rudder is a inch off . It's just like your on the wrong model but your not. and my friends heli . when he checked it it changes from 10 pos and ned to 3 neg , between flights
Old 01-30-2008, 08:18 PM
mandtra

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has no one else had any problems with this TX ?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've had mine for nearly two years. No problems.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
mred33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I haven't had a bit of problems with mine. Nothing changes between flights or after take off. Once I get it trimed out, it stays there until I change it. I have never had it change after sitting for a day or a week either. I don't know what you are doing, but if you are having problems like that, I would send it back to Horizon and make sure they check it out GOOD. Mine has NEVER changed any positions after I set it up and the trims stay the same flight after flight.
Ed
Old 02-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Something like you descirbe, happen to me a little over a week ago...I have a JR 9303 unit also....Was checking out my multi bird on the bench, turned on the transmitter and rec'r and the controls went bananas..It acted like there wasn't any "Signal " between the rec'r and transmitter...Controls were jumping around and wouldn't stop until I turned the rec'r off...I checked out a couple of other planes with the transmitter and they worked OK...Have a JR R955 PCM in the big bird..Finally everything stopped working in the plane...checked the batteries and they were ok....Didn't have another JR R955 rec'r to verify the problem...I removed the rec'r and sent it in to HH to find out what the problem is...Haven't got it back yet,but bought another 955 rec'r from a person who was sell his,so I have to go down to the P.O. and pick it up this morning ( wasn't home Sat. when they attempted to deliver it)...will put the rec'r in the plane and see what happens...Will let you know if there is a problem....Good thing this happen on the work bench and not in the air....Don't think I'd be a happy camper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47311.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	875737  
Old 02-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I put a new rec'r ( JR R955 pcm) into the big bird and everything is working OK...No problem with the other planes that are on the transmitter ( JR 9303)....The other rec'r must of gone bad...Just glad it's on the bench, instead of in the wild blue yonder.....am a happy camper now.....Enjoy