Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Looking at 2.4GHz

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
zachmccool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at 2.4GHz

I got into this hobby about a year ago and been flying planes since then, but just got my first heli last week (belt cp). My TX that i bought (Futaba 6EXAS) has served me well, no interference, easy programing, ect. I fell like its about time to get a better radio (dew to the abuse that my radio has uncured and the new heli) but am lost at which is best. I like the DX6i because of it's price but don't know if it will be any better (other than no more fq clips, and having heli functions) than what i have now. Also I'm confused about if FASST is better because it switch between the entirety of the fq in the 2.4MHz. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Looking at 2.4GHz

what 2.4 is leading to now is a features war. fasst has the signal switching but spectrum has model match. i have a 7C fasst and like it. i would say you just have to research the features of each individual radio and decide what you like for features. i decided on the futaba because i could get a radio without servos which spectrum doesn't offer in its 7 channel that i know of. i picked the 7 channel purely because its model memory was ten and the 6 channel was 5. on the spectrum its something like 20 that can be individually programmed. some people like the model match but i think i wanted to stay away from it because i can buy 2 receivers and use them on several models. I rarely bring more than 2 airplanes to fly and i can just swap those between the airplanes. just to recap i don't think one is better than the other really it will just be your personal preference what you will like. right now the features between the two radios are basically limited to two things spectrum has a nice model match feature that keeps you from accidentally trying to fly on the wrong model programming and FASST radios switch signals lessoning the chance of interference.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Jim T

Just to add a little info to the above. The Spektrum DX 7 is available in either the air or heli version without servos: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...rumRadios.html

Jim
Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
carlosponti

thats good because that was a major selling point with me.