Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR921 Receiver Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
ggroyal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR921 Receiver Upgrade

I have four JR921 receivers, two blinked after a power off and power on and two did not blink. I sent one of the receivers plus remote to Horizon to be upgraded. When that one is returned, I will sent the other non blinking one in. Has anyone received there upgraded receiver and did everything checkout OK? I have not seen any comments from anyone who has had their receivers upgraded. I have been using the JR9303 2.4G for about two months and have not had any problems with the blinking or non blinking receivers. If it wasn't for the RCU forum, I might not have ever known about the upgrade. A big thanks to everyone who have contributed to this forum.

George G. Royal
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR921 Receiver Upgrade

I consider the upgraded "quick connect" feature to be a backup. It should not be the primary means of avoiding a crash. Sort of like an emergency chute. The primary defense against a "brownout" should be a properly sized battery pack and a system that doesn't draw the voltage down too low. The slow blink feature is only good if you can get your plane down without crashing!

Last year I flew precision pattern using an AR7000 receiver on a four-cell nicad battery. Not any indication of failsafe much less a brownout. After that receiver is upgraded, I'll continue to closely monitor the battery performance rather than depending upon the upgrade.

I did have my 921 receiver upgraded. No chance to test it in the air yet. I noticed on the bench, the upgraded remote with the slow blink took longer to bind than previously. If I tried to rebind without a 30-second rest, it wouldn't.

Allan
Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

George--check the other thread going on here--a few guys have gotten theirs back from Horizon already with the update.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
ggroyal1

Hey Josey,
I did find some other threads about the 2.4G receiver upgrades. I though the upgrade was for JR921 only. After reading most of the posts, I checked my four AR7000 receivers. They don't blink, but they reconnect within one second. Do any of your AR7000 receivers blink? I think I will wait on the AR7000 receivers until after I have all four of my JR921 receivers upgraded. Since none of my AR7000 receivers blink and they reconnect in less than one second, I don't think I need to be in a hurry to send them to Horizon.
Thanks for all the info,
George G. Royal
Old 01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Josey Wales

Any of the Spektrum rx's can be sent in for the upgrade..my 7000 was just bought a few weeks ago and it did not blink so I just sent it in with my 921. I just ordered a AR9100 and all of those were sent from the factory with the quick connect AFAIK.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Josey Wales

Got my rxs back today--they got them on 1/28/08---
Old 02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
ggroyal1

I got mine back today and it has been tested and installed in my H9 Cap232g. Horizon gets a big "Atta Boy" for fast service and high quality.
George G. Royal