Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 PM
acfenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6

Just wanted a little advice on something. I just purchased the Spektrum DX6 today and I'm wondering if I should of. I understand that Spektrum has come out with the DX6i and I'm not sure if I should have waited to purchase this system. I'm pretty new to RC and have been flying for about a year now. My current plane is a Mutiplex Easy Star (really enjoying this plane!). Would like to eventually move up to a 4 channel plane. I thought it would be to my benefit to have a system with the Spread Spectrum Tech. as I fly on Sumdays with a number of individuals. There may be as many as 4-5 planes in the air at one time. Honestly, I probably won't move up beyond a 4 channel plane and will be sticking primarily to park-flyers as there arn't too many places to fly glow or gas planes in my area. Also can't see me doing any serious 3D or aerobatics - just like to fly around. I'm just basically looking for a pretty simple system that I could use on a number of planes. Nothing too complicated, but want something reliable. Do I have a good system with the DX6, or should I step up to the DX7 or DX6i? Also, how long will the battery last before it needs to be replaced? Wasn't too keen on the fact that you can't slip in a bunch of AA batteries in the system (Like my HiTech Neon SS). Is there any options with this?
Thanks for any advice you can give to this newbie!
Chris
Old 02-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6

DX6 should do fine in park flyers including the EasyStar. You can buy a higher capacity battery, or even a lipo battery, although some think the lipo is not a good idea. I have a 2500 mah lipo in mine. I like it and have had no problems with it and plan to keep it. We are limited to the AR or BR 6000 receivers but they work fine.