Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best Tx & Rx combo for $100 and under?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Calin666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tx & Rx combo for $100 and under?

The Rx on my 1/8 buggy went out, and since it was an RTR cheapy, I figured I might as well get a complete new system.
What is probably the best that I can get, for under $100? (I assume I would need a 3 channe if I wanted to use a personal transponder for racing).
My buggy came with a cheap Futaba, and it has actually worked very well considering what it was. This doesn't mean I would like another Futaba, just one that is going to work well.
I might be willing to spend the cash for 2.4ghz DSS system, if the price was not out-of-this-world.
Please keep in mind, I am not hard core about this sport, be I wold like some quality.
Thanks much for any help!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
rcktpwrd

Default RE: Best Tx & Rx combo for $100 and under?

Something like the Futaba 3PM-FM would be a good option in the low $100 range. I just got one and it is a nice radio. Paid about $110 for it from Tower....
Old 02-12-2008, 11:47 PM
joeysan2

I just picked up the Hitec aggressor SRX for $105.00. It has a 10 model memory and a synthesized module in the tx for changing frequencies. They are due out with a rx that can change frequencies without changing crystals in March sometime.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Damz

I knew if I searched there would already be a thread asking this question..

So whats the better out of the above? Or does it come down to, which one has the cheapest Rx's, because I wanna use the same Tx for all my Rc's, thats possible right?