Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12FG - Quick way to set up triiple rates

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG - Quick way to set up triiple rates

I am having trouble setting up tripple rates on the Futaba 12FG and can't find a reference to doing it in the instructions. I have multiple surfaces like aileron,elivator and rudder setup on switch SC. I would like to get three rates instead of the two I have now. Do you change to EXP 2 in the AFR say (Ail) menu to program the third rate.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 12FG - Quick way to set up triiple rates

Add another condition and set your rates in that.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To set up triple rates, you actually only set up two rates.

Go into the "Dual Rate" section of the Model Menu. Activate two rates and set them to the same function, say, "Aileron". Set them onto a switch. We'll use Switch E. We'll set the first rate to switch E with the positions "OFF-ON-OFF". We'll set the second rate to switch E with the positions "OFF-OFF-ON".

Now go into the AFR and set it to the aileron function. Put the switch in the first position and set the rates you want for full travel. Move the switch to the middle position. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see that "1" is highlighted. Set its RateA and RateB in the AFR screen. Now move the switch to the third position. You'll see "2" highlighted. Set RateA and RateB in the AFR.

You now have three rates on the aileron function. Do the same thing for additional channels. If you run out of rates to use, then use conditions. You can have up to six rates per condition.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Basil Yousif

So in the Dual rate menu do you set one rate in the first Aileron section (like I did to get the initial double rate) then go down to the other Aileron, I have it listed in number 4 and set it up for dual rate ,same as the first one but with the switch to trigger on the a different switch setting. Then I go to the AFR menu and setup and there will be the other Aileron Dual Rate and I can set it up the same way as the Initial Aileron dual rate except with the different Rate I want for that setting.
If I'm wrong crorrect me.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Basil Yousif

Got it thanks; I set all to work with tripple rates. Do most people set the exponent from -30 to -40 to get smoother travel around center.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

People set the expo rates where it feels comfortable. -40 to -60 is the range to start with. You then adjust it a bit at a time until the airplane "feels" right.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Basil Yousif

-40 to -60 so I might not be getting that soft feel because I do -20 to -40. I use the -20 for the low rate and go up to -40 for the highest rate. So if I go -40 for the low and bump up to -60 for the higher rates it will take that jumpy feel out of the plane. I stuck a 2.4 GHZ reciever in my .60 Zero and nearly smashed it up on the first flight before trimming it out. It was hopping and tipping around like crazy even on the low rate -I had -20 set. When they say FAAST they mean Fast!!!