RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Receiver and Futaba Servos

Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 PM
zsnugz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR Receiver and Futaba Servos

I am switching over a helicopter from Futaba to JR (Purchased the heli and put in a JR Reciever to go with my radio.) I set the throttle curves up the same as in the futaba. The curve looks identical in the window but when I move the throttle the servo doesn't start moving until i get to half stick. It starts moving right away with the Futaba receiver. What is up with this? The other functions seem to work fine, such as swashplate rudder etc. any help appreciated.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR Receiver and Futaba Servos

Just a shot in the dark here;

JR uses a positive (+) sign for expo where Futaba uses a minus (-) for the same thing, is your expo set correctly?

Check your ATV settings, where Futaba uses 140 for max, JR uses 150 and keep in mind you need some room for sub trims.

If neither of those are a problem, perhaps you might try the setup with a new model in the tx and verify correct throttle operation before you try anything else, just to make sure you've not inadvertently activated a mix/slave or link situation somewhere?

The only difficulty running Futaba servos on JR rx's is that you have to cut off the small tab on the servo lead and on my new 2.4GHz stuff, I've had to trim the corners opposite of the side the tab was on to get the extensions into the rx ports. I've still got a few Futaba servos on my stuff with those new radios and haven't had a problem getting them to work.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
zsnugz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR Receiver and Futaba Servos

Thanks for the ideas, I will give them a try.