Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 7202, Changing Mode2 to mode1

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 AM
ashishlamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 7202, Changing Mode2 to mode1

Hi,
I am living in India and unknowingly i purchased Mode 2 X 7202 instead of mode 1, from US, now I cant afford to send it back to US and get its Mode change to mode1. as it will cost me a lot and again it has to go through hazel of Customs and all that. so firmware update is not possible for me.
Though i am not expert but i am good in electronics. after going through few Forums and observing the internal of the transmitter, I am planning to swap Potentiometer and trims assembly from right stick to left stick for Throttle and elevator. but in that case i may have to use servo reversing for the two channels (Throttle and Elevator), and corresponding trims will not be represented correctly on the LCD screen, as it will not be swapped on the screen. i am also planning to change the centering spring and ratchet for these two channel.
instead of all this i can simply swap the Connectors on main PCB for corresponding channel, but those connectors are directly soldered to PCB, so this is the last option i will be exploring.
After making these changes successfully, i want to know if there will be any issues while programming, or the mixes or while handling the different mixes or something related to different operations of the Transmitter.
As per my understanding it should behave like Mode 1, but since it is a computer radio i am not sure if there will be any undue effect of it, kindly need assistance if it will create any undesirable effect while flying or will it work fine
i know this will void the warranty, but i dont seems to have any other option, least worried about the warranty thing.
is there any way to enable Stick Mode like DX6, as mentioned on the website [link=http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t238480p1/]http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t238480p1/[/link]http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t238480p1/

or is there any other way to change the mode like say some jumper or something like that.
is there any way that i can update my firmware or is it possible to get some help online related to it.
Desparetly seeking help!!!!

Thanks
Ashish
Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: JR 7202, Changing Mode2 to mode1

The 7202 (American market only) does not have the facility to mode change.... it is a firmware upgrade only. The 2720 however ( for everywhere else in the world except the USA) does support mode change
Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 AM
ashishlamp

hi,
Thanks for the information, but as far as i know 2720 (in UK) operates at 35 Mhz (not sure), but yes it provides facility to change Mode!!!!
i am thinking of swapping potentiometer and trim assembly.
lets see how things work out.
once again thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
olivier

Hi,

Perhaps this link helps. It's about the DX7, but I guess it's the same hardware (except for the RF-section) :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612734

Anyway, do remove the battery connection before fiddling inside your transmitter. Don't ask me how I know that it can be usefull...

Olivier
Old 02-15-2008, 04:55 AM
ashishlamp

hi Olivier,
Many thanks for the link, it has got good info,

thanks once again