Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba R6014FS Recevier

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R6014FS Recevier

I need to know what the servo output pulse voltage is on this new recevier. Rumor control is saying 2.76 or there abouts. The reason I ask is most servos out there today are made to run on between 3-5 volts. If this 2.76 volt value is correct then this recevier may not operate non Futuba servos with any kind of reliabilty if at all.
I discovered this AFTER I bought a new 12FG 2.4 system. I'm sure that Futaba knew about this before they marketed this system. However I can not find the specs on this recevier with any of the enclosed documentation. have about 15 HiTec 5955TG's I would like to run but now I must wait to find out the answer to my question. If the 2.76v is true then another question comes up.to send the Futaba system back in order not to spend hundreds of dollars on Futaba servos.
I am now looking at the JR systems to see what their specs are on this matter.

lso can anyone tell me what might happen if you were to run mt HiTec servos at a impulse voltage lower than 3 volts???
Please only people that know these answers for sure O.K. No speculation please. This will affect many people who have or maybe considering this recevier with non Futuba servos.
I have already sent a e-mail to Futaba's tech department about this...awaiting an answer from them.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:57 AM
sevans16

Default RE: Futaba R6014FS Recevier

Why is it we see tech documents and specs from Robbe across the pond while we only get a politician's answer with no facts from our own Reps such as Krysta and BAX in the support forums. Things such as this, the difference between RX's: 607 and a 617, the glitch with the 6 & 7ch systems the first couple of weeks we all found out about it. Our US reps need to come up with answers faster now that we are in the information age. Seems the rest of the world is in the know and we can find out more without there help.

http://image2-5.rcuniverse.com/e1/fo...48/Rp42355.jpg[img]

Here is a quote from the Direct support formnotice we get no specs???) nice support

If the servos need a higher signal voltage than the receiver puts out, then we'd say that they'd not work. Futaba cannot ensure that non-Futaba equipment will be compatible with their equipment. It is up to the third-party makers to make their equipment compatible with Futaba's equpment if then intend their items to be used with Futaba equipment.

Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
Service Phone: 217 398-0007
Email: [email protected]
Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 AM
d_wheel

ORIGINAL: SoCalSal

I need to know what the servo output pulse voltage is on this new recevier. Rumor control is saying 2.76 or there abouts. The reason I ask is most servos out there today are made to run on between 3-5 volts. If this 2.76 volt value is correct then this recevier may not operate non Futuba servos with any kind of reliabilty if at all.
I discovered this AFTER I bought a new 12FG 2.4 system. I'm sure that Futaba knew about this before they marketed this system. However I can not find the specs on this recevier with any of the enclosed documentation. have about 15 HiTec 5955TG's I would like to run but now I must wait to find out the answer to my question. If the 2.76v is true then another question comes up.to send the Futaba system back in order not to spend hundreds of dollars on Futaba servos.

lso can anyone tell me what might happen if you were to run mt HiTec servos at a impulse voltage lower than 3 volts???
Please only people that know these answers for sure O.K. No speculation please. This will affect many people who have or maybe considering this recevier with non Futuba servos.
I have already sent a e-mail to Futaba's tech department about this...awaiting an answer from them.
Don't have any 5955's, but have been using a 6014 with HS-75, HS-645's, and HS-55's with no problem what so ever.

Later;

D.W.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: d_wheel

Don't have any 5955's, but have been using a 6014 with HS-75, HS-645's, and HS-55's with no problem what so ever.

Later;

D.W.
Hey thanks for the info........ what types of aircraft are you flying??
Old 02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
sevans16

I would classify my info as speculation: I am using my 14ch Fasst with smart-fly and JR 8711's. No problems with 4 flights. I don't know if they work for sure or I have been lucky??? I am worried now. I hope to find out more facts!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:04 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: sevans16

I would classify my info as speculation: I am using my 14ch Fasst with smart-fly and JR 8711's. No problems with 4 flights. I don't know if they work for sure or I have been lucky??? I am worried now. I hope to find out more facts!!!
Hi, thanks for the info.
All we really need to find out is what the servo impulse output voltage is from Futuba. I have not got a answer yet.
But other people seem to be using differant servos (other than Futaba's) and things are working fine. The reason want to know the voltage is there may be a differant voltage on the European recevier sets.I just don't know. Our systems may be just fine.I'm sure they would be if the voltage is at 3 or above.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
d_wheel

Hey thanks for the info........ what types of aircraft are you flying??
I fly everything from foamies to 1/4 scale plus helicopters. The 6014's are in the 1/4 scale and the helicopters.

Later;

D.W.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
I would also like to know if the signal voltage is high enough, for Hitec and JR Digital servos.
This information will determine if I buy a 12 FG or not. []
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: Conrod

Hi
I would also like to know if the signal voltage is high enough, for Hitec and JR Digital servos.
This information will determine if I buy a 12 FG or not. []
Well I have asked Futaba but the guy I talked to could not or would not give me the values.
Maybe if you tried asking this question in the Futaba support forum you may get an answer, they won't answer my request for this info.
If you do find out please let me know.
Thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

For what it's worth. Servos operate on the length of the pulse, not the voltage. Any reasonable voltage output of the receiver should be sufficient. If you plug your servos into your receiver and they operate properly on the ground, they should do fine in the air.

I think it's a given that Futaba would not put out a receiver that would not be backward compatible with servos used by other Futaba radios. Thousands of us have been interchanging Hitec, Futaba, and JR servos for years.

I have the 12FG with the 6014 receiver driving Hitec 5645's without any problems.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

I have a 14 MZ with the 14 TM module and R6014FS receiver and this will not operate my Hitec digital HS-5645MG servos on any channels above channel 2. When I first installed this 2.4 module and 6014 receiver the Hitec servo that was on channel 4 failed almost immediately and I could get the other two to work only on channel 1 and 2. This was on an Aeroworks Yak 54 50CC size, I had been flying the plane with a Futaba 9 channel PCM receiver with no problems until the 2.4 module came along. I am currently flying the plane with the 6014 receiver after spending more than $300 on new Futaba servos. I guess I am lucky that the plane had only 3 Hitec servos and the rest were Futaba.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: huey-pilot

I have a 14 MZ with the 14 TM module and R6014FS receiver and this will not operate my Hitec digital HS-5645MG servos on any channels above channel 2. When I first installed this 2.4 module and 6014 receiver the Hitec servo that was on channel 4 failed almost immediately and I could get the other two to work only on channel 1 and 2. This was on an Aeroworks Yak 54 50CC size, I had been flying the plane with a Futaba 9 channel PCM receiver with no problems until the 2.4 module came along. I am currently flying the plane with the 6014 receiver after spending more than $300 on new Futaba servos. I guess I am lucky that the plane had only 3 Hitec servos and the rest were Futaba.
Wow.I wounder why only channel 1&2???????? Look at the post above yours. I have heard from others that the receiver 9R6014fs works fine and others are concerned that the output pulse voltage is too low to work anything but futaba servos.
I'm no eletrical guru by any means. I just don't want to trash a $7500 plane because of servo failure. I use HiTec servos in all my planes and never a problem. But this Futaba radio is my first Asain radio and now I'm not sure if it is better to just return it and get something else or buy another 3-400 dollars worth of Futaba servos. I guess I don't understand just how a receiver that puts out 2.7v on the impulse signal can operate servos that state they need a minimum of 3 volts signal pulse voltage in any correct manner. Would not a servo needing 3 volts and only getting 2.7 do something strange?? My understanding is that this particular receiver is one of only a couple that Futaba has made that works this way.

Heck I don't know??????????? maybe staying with 72 and Multiplex is the best thing to do at this point. It is a system that has always worked without any problems.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Flying Geezer

It's interesting that we are having different results. Do you guys have the latest software? Are you running the TX in multi-mode? We must be doing something different, or you have bad receivers, or I have an odd one that works when it shouldn't.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 PM
pgrose110
My Feedback: (25)

I have the 12FGA with the R6014S receiver running four 8711s, two 8611s and a Hitec 5625 on my Comp-arf Extra 260. No issues so far. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

It's interesting that we are having different results. Do you guys have the latest software? Are you running the TX in multi-mode? We must be doing something different, or you have bad receivers, or I have an odd one that works when it shouldn't.
Hi...I have not even used my system yet. I just got it last week. What is the latest fimware update number?? And help me here, what is multimode??????? I have not had enough time to go over the entire manul as of yet.
Thanks for any help.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Flying Geezer

My mistake guys. I just came in from the shop, the 6014 is driving standard Futaba servos. Now i'm worried, I was planning on more 2.4 receivers for the planes with the 5645's.

It's working for pgrose110 though. Are you guys using large 6 volt battery packs?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
rager24
My Feedback: (9)

Well Guys I have a 12Z with the TM14 mod and a 6014 rx in the plane I'm working on with 8 5645 servo's and have had no problem at all.
I don't know what else to say But it's working fine for me.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
reaperofsoulz

hey guys, i just got a 6EX Fasst system and just want a simple 2.4ghz reciever for my boat and dont want or need to spend $90 on 6 ch. Can i use the 3ch 2.4ghz rx and how does my 6EX know how to connect to it? i guess im new. I asked in futaba forum but got no answer from the rep as of yet. thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
rager24
My Feedback: (9)

nope that will not work
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

My mistake guys. I just came in from the shop, the 6014 is driving standard Futaba servos. Now i'm worried, I was planning on more 2.4 receivers for the planes with the 5645's.

It's working for pgrose110 though. Are you guys using large 6 volt battery packs?
My understanding is that the R6014FS receiver is the only one that maybe doing this. Other Futaba 2.4 receivers are supposed to be just fine...their output impluse voltage is at 3v or more.

I'm goning to run the tar out of my 5955TG's via a PowerBox 40/16 EVO and see what happens. I use Duralite Lipos on the PowerBox. If I have no problems on the bench then I will consider useing my HiTecs in the big Stearman. If not I will get my hands on some Futaba servos.
I sent off an e-mail to Radio south to see if they woill provide me any insight to this issue. Futaba has not contacted me via e-mail even though the "tech support person" I talked to on the phone could not give me an answer to the specs I was asking about. He just said I need to run Futaba servos with the Futaba radio in order to make sure there are no problems. He stated that it is not a issue with Futaba that other brand servos don't work with their system.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
sevans16

real nice support for all us loyalists that did not jump on the Spectrum bandwagon. My flying buddies just keep laughing. I get the same response from direct support: If you are using our servos and RX's and have a problem call us back.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:43 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious, has anyone asked hitec about it?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

Just curious, has anyone asked hitec about it?
Yes HiTec was asked........they said to contact Futaba. HiTec sends you all the electrical specs on everyone of their servos enclosed in each servo box. But Futaba does not provide any specs other than voltage and torque and transit times. But it is not the servos in the first place. This thread is about trying to get some honest answers from FuTaba about their R6014FS receiver... like a full posting of the eletrical specs. Come on Futaba why you not posting these things??????????? Is it that there is a posiable problem with them.
Sevro city has pulled the receiver from their web-site sales site already........hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm is there something the Europeans know that we should know??? This is the $64 dollar question..

All we need is a clear concise posting from Futaba on the electrical specs,that's all!!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:26 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good. I was just wondering if they had any ideas..
Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 AM
SoCalSal

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

Sounds good. I was just wondering if they had any ideas..
Just FYI Hitech support and customer service is the industry leader as far as I'm concerned. I have never had any issues with them EVER and they always find the answer if the person on the phone does not know they will get your contact info and call you back asap when they get the answer. If they can not come up with an answer they tell you just that.no smoke screens, no politacal mumbo jumbo just stright honest answers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.