Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba buddy box tip

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 06:46 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba buddy box tip

Hi folks, if you are a user of the Futaba 4VF buddy box, and you are wondering why the throttle travel (or elevator travel in the case of mode 1) does not correlate with the master, then here's a solution I found. The reason is mechanical in nature. The stick travel is limited by a plastic piece which you can easily remove by opening the backcover, and unscrewing it from the gimbal assembly. A pic of the plastic piece (with the two screws) is shown. It should be easy to recognise it. Maybe Futaba can throw some light why it is there ? Beats me..........
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2003, 08:39 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as an offhand guess,I'd say it limits throttle servo travel on the student box.That prevents him from killing the engine?
Old 08-02-2003, 09:31 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps. If you're using it as a buddy box, you want all the servo throws to correlate with the master radio. You will need to remove that piece to establish a good calibration between the master Tx and slave Tx. If the master radio is a computer radio such as the 9C, you can set the training parameters to "function". In this way, the slave radio (or buddy box) will follow all trimming and any mixing set in the master.