Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CA Cosmetic flaw Awesome Radio!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 01:08 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CA Cosmetic flaw Awesome Radio!!!

IMO, Futaba gear puts quality behind features and low price. Nobody complained, and that's why they've got chromed plastic for switches. Nobody complained, and that's why the gimbals feel cheap. Hey, you get what you pay for. If the man didn't feel like he was getting what he paid for so be it. He's the only one that can put a value on his dollar.

Our culture is becoming one that defends sub-par products from large manufacturers. That's just brilliant.
Old 03-08-2002, 02:01 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Dazzler : As everybodey else here, I have just stated my opinion, and I think I did not do it in an offensive way !
However you did, by calling my post stupid !

And no, I will not unsubscribe just because you don't like my opinions or my posts ! May be you should ?!

And no, I don't have a 9C, never will, they are just copying features Multiplex had years ago.

Michael
Old 03-08-2002, 02:38 PM
bitstream

Hey, I just looked at a 9c in a Futaba ad. You can very lightly see the marks. Must be an "undocumented feature" of the ergonomics of the radio, like to keep the sun from reflecting into your eyes So, at least its not false advertisement...
Old 03-08-2002, 03:07 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dazzler
You just wait after a month or so, I,m sure you guys will notice that these have been fixed, or given an all together new face,
I wouldnt bet on it, apparently the 8U series radios have (had) similar marks.

To MTT:

"And no, I don't have a 9C, never will, they are just copying features Multiplex had years ago. "

No they are copying features that the 9ZAP had since '91
Old 03-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Yucholian
My Feedback: (7)

Default My reason...

I am very sympathetic to this guy due to all the crap I've gone through. I'm one of those guys that has to take things back to the store at least once because either they don't work or don't work right. This is true. Very few things I've purchased turned out good on the first shot. I bought an Olympus 700UZ digital camera. When I brought it home, the whole lens assembly was loose, so I took it back. I bought a Nikon 995 digital camera, there were 4 or 5 bad pixels in the CCD, so took it back. Bought another 995 and it was perfect. But everybody on the net was saying "oh, don't worry about bad pixels, Nikon has maximum allowed bad pixels and you'll be alright". This was from owners supporting not so perfect quality equipment after paying close to $1000 (at the time, but that's another story). Then I bought a 99 GMC fullsize pickup. It was in the shop at least once a month, and had transmission problems for 2 years and GMC never fixed it. I took it in for over 20 times for just the transmission and never got fixed, they said "oh, it's running the way it was designed". Bull, my 88 GMC was more reliable than this. Than I bought a topper for this truck from Leer. I'm not kidding, it leaked like crazy and took it in over 12 times in 3 months, they never actually fixed the problem, threatened to sue and got my money back 4 months later. But the whole time, they were saying "it's not unusual for toppers to leak", another bull, that's why people buy toppers, to keep things dry. Then there's JR 8103 radio I bought. It would glitch sometimes and oscillate, people said "oh, that's a great radio, you just need a PCM receiver", well, never had to use a PCM with Futaba stuff. But I got a PCM receiver, my first flight with a new JR Voyager helicopter, PCM locked up, went into fail-safe mode, and there went my new heli right into the ground. People were still saying "oh, you must have done something wrong, JR's great". To save all of you time, I'm not going to tell you about my experiences with purchasing computer monitor, tools, kits, engines, TV, etc, etc,. I did get another 8103 to try out, but I have yet to decide if I want to ditch all my Futaba stuff, it's hard to cross over. Maybe people get short-changed all the time where they get used to being that way and think it's a norm. Well people, it's not. We work hard for our money and don't have to put up with someone else's second best work. When you do accept the second best work, you've just lowered the standard which we all strive to improve. Let them know how they can improve things, professionally of course. For me, I'm leaning towards getting a 9CA and sell my new 8103, too hard to keep JR and Futaba. Not the defective 8103 of course, I took that one back to the dealer.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:33 PM
MTT

@Yucholian : Of course you were right when you demanded that all the problems you mentioned had to be fixed. But what you had were real problems, not cosmetics !

@can773: I was referring to the absolutely free asignabilty of controls/switches to any rcvr channel, and the digi-adjustor (rotary adjustor) both introduced by MPX.

Michael
Old 03-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Yucholian

Default Hmm

MTT, what I was saying is that "problem" is determined by the beholder. Like the topper company telling me leaky topper was not a "problem" and they all do it, where as I thought it was a problem. People will define "problem" differently, those cosmetic marks were definitely a problem to Dazzler. Can we stop talking about this guys and start telling me how great this radio is? I want one but can't find a real technical details on it other than Joe likes the feel and Jimmy hates the turn dials, and Brian feels one with it crap. How is it really? I'm almost convince on selling my brand new 8103 for this. Most of my stuff is Futaba and sure would make it easier to switch...
Old 03-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

MTT, you dont seem to understand. It is my choice to deal with it or not, not yours. Should I lower my standards to yours, I dont think so, if you accept it, more power to you and I will not dispute your choice. You choose multiplex, now I wont give you my impression of that radio because thats was your choice, and I cant tell you what to settle for or not. Daz...
Old 03-08-2002, 05:57 PM
Yucholian

Default Alright

Alright Dazzler, you made your point. Let's move on.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:58 PM
MTT

@Dazzler : Of course it is your choice ! I just happen not to agree, but that doesn't affect you in any way, I just voiced my opinion !
Are my standards lower than yours because I focus more on what the radio can do than on how it looks ?
I don't think so, may be you do, but again, everybody is entitled to his opinion.

No hard feelings,

Michael
Old 03-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Dazzler

Yucholian, I know you want to talk about the radio, and all I can say is, is that it seemed to be a great radio, I had a chance to play with it for about 15 minutes, and really liked it, I would definetly recommend it. There was another post on this radio named Futaba 9C thoughts. Daz...
Old 03-08-2002, 06:34 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default Got Mine

Just picked up my 9CA at the LHS and yes, I have the marks too.

I'm going to keep mine and fly with it.

Dan
Old 03-08-2002, 06:46 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Guys: Lets stay nice here. We all have things that are important to us and must respect that. My $.02
Bkf
Old 03-08-2002, 06:50 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I really really like mine too, I noticed the marks when I was setting it up. Mine are not unsightly at all, just straight little mold marks.
Matter of fact, they are so faint I can't even see them when I'm flying. Does that mean I'm too focused on the plane?
Old 03-08-2002, 06:52 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Originally posted by DGrant
I really really like mine too, I noticed the marks when I was setting it up. Mine are not unsightly at all, just straight little mold marks.
Matter of fact, they are so faint I can't even see them when I'm flying. Does that mean I'm too focused on the plane?
No it means you can't see
Just kidding
Old 03-08-2002, 08:29 PM
bitstream

Yucholian

Dude, you need to get a rabbits foot or something. Never heard of anyone with such bad luck.
Old 03-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Ricco
My Feedback: (11)

Default 9CA

JUsr got mine yesterday and sure enough , it has scrathes too. KInda bothers me but i gues I'll just go with it. Hope this radio system turns out to be good like all me previous Futaba products.
Old 03-09-2002, 12:21 AM
Dazzler

Ricco, you'll love that radio, as long as you can deal with the scratches, or mold marks. To me, for the money it is the best Radio out there. Daz...
Old 03-09-2002, 06:21 AM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

NO WELL I DONT KNOW I WAS THINKING OF PURCHISING ONE OF THESE RADIOS ,NOT NO MORE ,10 X IS WHAT IM GETTING
Old 03-09-2002, 10:53 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

who cares?
Old 03-09-2002, 10:54 PM
vanputte

I've been wading through all the posts on the 9C radio and haven't seen the topic I expected to find. How about the plating flaking off the face, exposing the bare plastic underneath? I have seen two 9Cs with this problem. Am I bringing up an old topic, or aren't there anymore like that out there?
Old 03-09-2002, 10:56 PM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

Default Face flaking on 8u ,too!!!!

yeah thats whats happing to my 8u right now but i got it prety cheep so im ok............ well thinking about ordering the part
Old 03-09-2002, 11:43 PM
Dazzler

I dont think that would happen with the 9CA as I think the face is a thin piece of mat'l that is solid. I have looked at quite a few 9CA's and havent seen any flaking, or even a sign of. Daz...
Old 03-11-2002, 05:33 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default Scratches

FYI,

I have a 9C that also has the "scratches". I didn't notice them until I read about it on this sight.

Doesn't bother me. In fact, I thought I saw them on a Futaba ad for the radio in one of the mag's.

Mike

PS No flaking, though.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:52 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

We have seen exactly 1 radio with peeling on the face plate. The radio had been exposed to bug spray.

Another arrived with 'flaking' which literally required a magnifying glass to see, it was simply variations in the coloration of the radio's face during processing.

We have requested the other 2 radios that we've been told were flaking to come in for replacement and so we can see what's going on. to date they have not been returned.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Service and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.