RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

were to buy Hitec servos

Old 03-07-2002, 03:43 PM
SNAFU
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default were to buy Hitec servos

were can you buy online and what is a programmer and do you need it. I attempt to do 3DDDDD
Old 03-07-2002, 04:03 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hobbyhorse

hobbyhorse.com is a nice place with on-line published prices for all the Hitec servos they carry, including digital. A digital servo for less than $60 !!! God bless America!

Anyway, the programmer is just coming out with a street price around $150. I have already sent a servo in the Hitec support and they programmed it (reversed) it for me at no charge - even covered return postage.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've found that most online RC dealers carry Hitec servos. As far as I know most servos will work without the need of a separate programmer if that's what you are talking about. Maybe it's a new high tech gadget and I don't yet know that I need it.

A good place to buy Hitec servos is:

http://www.hobbyhorse.com/
Old 03-07-2002, 04:29 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hitec servos source

I like http://www.cermark.com, who seem to have a bit lower price schedule than other vendors. But for good servo accessories as well as the servos themselves my choice is http://www.servocity.com. Also, I think Hitec is a good way to go for decent quality and reasonable price for most 40-60 sport flying.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:34 PM
scoplin771

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec servos/programmer

Take a look at www.servocity.com. They have a large variety of Hitec servos. They also sell the programmer. The programmer is for airplanes that require multiple servos for a flight control surface (ganged servos). The programmer will allow you to program the center points and end points, very handy, only programs Hitec Digitals though. It iwll test all servos digital or analog. If you are not flying planes that require ganged servos you may have very little need for the programmer. JR's fix for this is the Matchbox, but you have to buy one of these for each set of ganged servos, you could have several of these in a plane. I prefer to buy the programmer and use Hitec digitals, cheaper in the long run.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:54 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ServoCity.com. Excellent prices and service. They don't charge for shipping and get your order out ASAP. I ordered two HS-225MG servos for my TufFlight Predator late in the day on the Friday before President's day and they were at my house Tuesday. And that was after a holiday weekend! I will use them for all of my servo and receiver needs.

Cheers!

Galen
Old 03-07-2002, 07:21 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Pricing

It sounds like Servo City has great customer service, but their pricing is certainly not the best. As an example the 5945 is $87.95 at Servo City, $89.99 at Hobby Horse, $84.99 at Tower, $90.99 from Maxx Products or Cermark, and $76.95 at Chief Aircraft, where I get mine. If assuming the shipping is free at Servo City, and you only buy one servo, it is still going to be $5-6 cheaper at Chief. If you buy multiples, it's going to be significantly cheaper. I've never had any problems with Chief and they've always gotten my orders out the same day.

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/Models/Model.html

BTW, Doug's Hobby (www.dougshobby.com) has pricing similar to Chief's but you have to call them to get the pricing, and to order....which isn't the way I like to do business on the Web. Why any mail-order company has a Web site without a shopping cart is beyond me.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:21 PM
mmorg1
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

MPI aka Maxx products has good prices on Hitec and even lower prices on MPI servos that are comprable.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:22 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

National Hobbies is the cheapest dealer aroung i just got Hitec 5625 digitals for 47.95 i have ordered from all the above places and got good service but price is the main thing , I got the 645 Hitecs for 34 bucks.
Old 03-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Johng

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default national

Does national hobbies have a web site?
Old 03-08-2002, 03:19 PM
BAS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes www.nationalhobbysupplyinc.com
Old 03-08-2002, 03:42 PM
bpryor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default National

I'd heard before that National was cheap, but you had to call the ask for their best prices. As with Doug's Hobby Shop, if they don't have their products online so I can order, it just doesn't work for me. I looked at National's site and they don't even list Hitec digitals. Also, the Hitec servos they do list aren't cheap...but that goes along with having to call to get the best price.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:32 PM
BAS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would rather just call their 1 800 number and order they cant advertise their prices on line because they are so much cheaper than anyone else and i have been burnt before using my credit card on line it took a good 3 months to straighten out with card company. I also ordered my laser 200 arf by Lanier from National and it was here 3 days after i ordered it great service.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:58 AM
trentmark
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have had good luck with my local hobby shop. they have always matched the ads in the magazines. I just purchased over $1500 worth of stuff for my 1/3 cap 232 which I also bought from them. In st louis almost all of our club purchases from and supports schafers hobbies, our LOCAL hobby shop. Maybe you should try talking to yours and see if they will match pricing. A little bit of profit beats nothing and they still make a decent profit on unadvertised items. just my 2 cents

mark trent
Old 03-09-2002, 05:31 PM
CrashMeister

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The dirty word : MAP

If you shop online, you will never get the best deals. The reason for this is that the distributors set a minimum advertising price (called the MAP). Dealers are not allowed to advertise below that price, including on their web sites.

The bottom line is that the web sites should be used for reference purposes (Tower is very good for this) but when you are ready to buy, phone a few of them up and see what you can negotiate.

National Hobby Supply and Chief Aircraft both offer better pricing than the MAP, but you have to ask for it.

Regards,
Craig.
Old 03-09-2002, 06:09 PM
bpryor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default MAP

Hi Craig,

MAP is real....but for me, it's not worth calling even one place to get their "best" price. Personally, I don't have the time, nor is it worth a couple of bucks for me to take the time, search, wait on hold, and generally, suffer the pain of ordering over the phone. I'll take a good online catalog and online buying experience anytime over the inefficiency and frustration of ordering over the phone, and I'm willing to pay a couple of extra bucks for that convenience.

This is obviously a very personal choice, but a no-brainer for me.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:10 AM
dibbs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

in my experience and my opinion why would you even want hitec servos?
Old 03-11-2002, 01:55 AM
bpryor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Why would you want Hitecs?

Hi Dibbs,

>>in my experience and my opinion why would you even want hitec servos?

Would you care to elaborate on that? Is that experience with the digitals you're referring to or other Hitec's? From my experience, and many friends with up to 40% planes using them, the digitals are as good(or better) as anything out there.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Tiger
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

>>in my experience and my opinion why would you even want hitec servos?

Class Mr. Dibbs, Class! NOT!
Old 03-12-2002, 03:02 AM
perfectplanes
My Feedback: (132)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity

I will certainly put my vote in for Servo City. They are a great bunch of guys to work with. A snafu happened with my order and a week passed by with no radio! I called Brian at Servo City and they had the radio in the mail that morning! Because of the snafu, they included a few "extra" items to compensate me for the late shipment. A real nice suprise and its great to know that in some businesses the customer still means alot.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:49 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have had good luck with Hitec servos and am now looking for a gross of them (or what seems like a gross - actually, it's 10.) for a 35% Pitts Model 12. So saving almost $10 per servo is significant for me.
Chief looks like the deal.
Isnt the Chief guy the old Omni Models guys before Tower bought Omni and made it another Tower Hobbies with different colored ads?

As for the digital servo programmer.... $175 at tower.... OUCH!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:55 PM
BAS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your buying 10 servos i would get them from National Hobbies i got the digitals 5625s for 47 bucks as mentioned earlier in this thread i dont know what your looking for as far as model numbers but i would think you could save a lot
Old 03-13-2002, 08:10 PM
RSchrock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec Servo's

I buy all my servo's and related gear from ServoCity.com. Great prices, free shipping and, best of all, GREAT customer service. Brian takes as much phone-time with me as I need, anytime I need it. These days, it's hard to associate a price, or saving a few dollars by shopping somewhere else with that kind of personal service. I won't do business elsewhere.

As for servo's, most of the problems I have ever had come from using the wrong servo for the necessary application. Everyone talks about overpowering a plane with an engine. I also overpower my planes with servos. The 600 - 900 line of Hitec non-digital servos (especially the metal gear ones) have NEVER failed me. They are not much heavier than the "Standard's" and are fast, have plenty of torque and have great drivetrain. If I need to reverse it or adjust center - they are very easy to work with.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:30 PM
AJF 2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hobby Horse had the best price at the time I ordered mine--but I had a bad experience with them. A girl was taking my order and she did not know what I wanted. When I tried to explain she put me on with somebody else(a man). I knew what I wanted and it was not the $60 1/4 scale servo although I did not know the exact product number at the time. I was very tactfully trying to explain that I wanted the Hi-Tech 1/4 scale servo that was not $60 when I was told if I wanted to ask questions I should not call the 1 800 number and that I should call back on the other number to talk and ask questions. Sorry--since then I by because of customer service and not price. Tower, Chief and my LHS--the best price of the 3--just my picky ways
Old 03-23-2002, 02:58 AM
Tired Old Man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anybody have any info on the quality and reliability of the Hitec service department?
Silversurfer

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service