Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help/Servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Edgefinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help/Servo

Hey guys. After a number of years I am going to move up to the 50cc planes. I have a Spectrum DX7 but have no idea what servos to use or what servos would work with this radio. The plane requires 5 servos with a min of 170 in/oz. I sure would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks for all your help and have a good day.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:56 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Help/Servo

I like the large hitec digitals.

http://www.chiefaircraft.com has good prices especially on multiple servo purchases.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

I've got a feeling the reason you did not get much interest in this forum is because it has been hashed over a million times here and at FG. So I will give you my opinion. Hitec HS-5985 on ailerons and elevators and HS-5955 on rudder. You can go cheaper and still fly it, but why save a few dollars on a very important part of your setup. HS-5985's are $73 each and HS-5955 are $89 each at Donalds hobby. If money is no object go with HS-5955's all around.

http://www.donalds-hobby.com/Prod/Scripts/default.asp
Old 02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
bbagle1

I completely agree with RCairflr. If i were you I would go 5955's all the way around. They will never wear out and the geartrain is pretty much indestructable. Plus they are programmable and will be plenty if you decide to step up to a larger plane. JR servos have a good reputation but are pricey for the same specs as hitecs and have very short gear life. Futaba servos seem to be very nice but also are pricey. If you are not in a big hurry you may want to wait for the new line of hitecs to come out. You may be able to get some of the old servos for a good price once they ae not the latest an greatest.