Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Module for 9CAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Futaba Module for 9CAP

Is Futaba making a Fsst Module for a 9 CAP radio that is 9 channel?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Module for 9CAP

Hello Frequent Flyer,
I read your other post in the Futaba post.
No I don't think a 9 Channel module will be comeing out for the 9C Radio's. I bought the 7Ch Fasst Module back in October and have used it every since in my 9CAP, without and incidents so far. I did sent my 7-Tm and Fasst Reciever into Hobby Services in January for a check up, and they gave it a good bill of health.
Now about two weeks ago Tower posted a Futaba 10C Fasst 2.4 Ghz Radio for around $600.00 that won't be out until late April, I put my order in early in hopes I will be one of the few to get the new Futaba 10C early,but Im guessing it will be a wait and stand in line game.
I would rather purchase a Futaba 12FGA 2.4 Ghz but due to the cost it was unfesable at this time. So I might wait and see how the 10C works out and go from there. Hope you enjoy your 12Z.
Anyway I've had my 9CAP for about 6 years now and it's sill going strong and dependable, and its the only radio I've had the longest.
NEDYOB
Old 02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
pilotpete2

No, the 9C is only an 8 channel radio in PPM mode, 9 channels only available in PCM mode and the radio must be set to PPM mode to use a conversion module.
Pete
Old 02-24-2008, 04:46 PM
pilotpete2

I had a chance to play with a prototype of the 10C yesterday at the WRAM show, very impressive[8D]
They use a much newer and faster CPU so the mixing latency issues of the 9C will be no more.
My 9C super is only a little over 1 year old, so a TM-8 module will be in it soon
Pete
Old 02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
nedyob

How did the 10C compare in weight and size to the 9C??
NEDYOB
Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
pilotpete2

I'd say they are the same in size and the 10C is maybe a tad lighter, hard to tell, in fact the rear half of the case seems like a 9C back with just a modification to the module location, same carry handle.
The antenna arrangement for the 10C is the same as the 9C with 2.4 Ghz module. The heavy plastic projection that the antenna sits on is designed to be a solid "foot" when laying the Tx on its back. When flying you will hardly know you have an antenna if you fly with it turned 90dg. across the back of the case. If you use a foam padded case only a little cutting of the foam will be necessary.
My understanding is that the 10C is "native" FASST, though you only get 1024 resolution with the 10C, though the speed is not determined by resolution. Team Futaba claimed the processing in the 10C eliminated all the gripes with the 9Cs slow processing of mixes.
While the release shows it being supplied with the 14 channel receiver, don't be surprised if it actually comes with a new 10 channel receiver by actual delivery time
Cheers,
Pete
Old 02-25-2008, 04:12 PM
nedyob

Thanks for the update Pete. Well I went and did a very bad thing and canceled my back order with tower on the 10C, and Im looking into getting a Futaba 12fga.
NEDYOB
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
pilotpete2

I spent some time playing with the 12FG too, I would love to have one, but my 9C super does more than meet my needs
Good luck with the 12FG[8D]
Pete