Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

40 size flight pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
capitan-d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 size flight pack

What do you guys do when you need a flight pack for your new 40 size plane? Im looking for the least expensive route while still maintaing reliability from my setup. Im considering the following:

Berg 4L Reciever & micro crystal
(4) standard bushing tower/hobbico/futaba servos
sanyo rx pack

above should run around $80

From the little research Ive done the CC Berg recievers seem to be reliable units. Can they be trusted? Would I be better off just going with a futaba or hitec flight pack?

devin
Old 02-26-2008, 03:05 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 40 size flight pack

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKYL2&P=SM
I think I'd rather use this. But I've never tried Berg either.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:36 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would agree with brue88123, The Hitec flight pack is the way to go in your case. The Hitec 425's are good ball bearing servos and your getting alot more receiver in terms of channels as well. You would still need a 12" extension and a cystal as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
capitan-d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a little more research I see that is not possible to put together your own flight pack and save money over a pre-bundled set. I may however still consider the berg 4L. This particular pack will be put in a profile 3d plane where weight is a priority. 4 gram reciever vs 29 gram reciever.

The hitec bb servos weigh 8grams more than the futaba bushing servos. After 5 servos that saves me another 40 grams. Between the servos and reciever Im saving about 2.3 oz.

In my tight budget situtation I may end up going with whatever is cheapest.