Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which Futaba to buy, non 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 PM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Futaba to buy, non 2.4

Hiya guys - I need to buy a Futaba Tx thats compatible with the cheap E-sky Rx's I have. Money is tight at the moment so this rules out 2.4 cos of the price of the Rx's alone. In the Uk its 35Mhz and I have Futaba single and dual conversion crystal sets in various frequencies. The Futabas I've looked at are 6EXP etc. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, the reason for the change/upgrade: I need a set with Exponental and pre-progreemed plane settings - I have 9 planes and 9 cheap Rx's!!!! Thanks guys.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 PM
peter180

Default RE: Which Futaba to buy, non 2.4

With more people moving to 2.4GHz you might be able to fiind a good deal on a used 35MHz Tx, just know what you are buying.
Safe flying, Peter
Old 02-27-2008, 02:32 AM
electricpete

I think you will find the 6ex range all suitable, available in UK as tx only, or check the BMFA web site for second hand. I have had one, that is due to be sold, for about four years, but have upgraded.

Peter
[email protected]
Old 02-27-2008, 06:50 AM
tam popo

Pete, EPete - thanks guys but it was to find out if the Futaba TX can be used with non-Futaba(E-Sky) RX's but using the Futaba dual converion crystals. The Fub RX's are fine but are £30 each x 9 = £270!!! Thats a lot of planes, monetary-wise. But thanks for you help......
Old 02-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is being moved to the General Radios forum because it's really not a question to Futaba Support.