Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 40FM vs Acoms 27AM

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM
kazakore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 40FM vs Acoms 27AM

Would this Hitec 40FM be much better than a basic Acoms 27AM transmitter (which I could have for free.) Don't want to break the bank when it comes to radio gear and if not I might just stick with the freebie, although I could have to get my own receiver.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.ph...n&ItemID=24520

I'm assuming it comes with a receiver as it says it's a Combo anyway...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:57 AM
kazakore

Default RE: Hitec 40FM vs Acoms 27AM

Nobody want to comment?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:58 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The only thing I can think of to comment on is that your radio system is the very last place you should try and save money and old freebies almost always endup being very expensive indeed.

I don't know about the UK but here in the US I discarded the last of my old AM units many years ago.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:58 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

A radio is something you'll use for a long time. Never buy cheap. what kind of plane are you going to use it in? Dennis
Old 03-06-2008, 07:24 AM
kazakore

Not for a plane, just a car. I know the higher frequency the more stable and FM is better than AM and that's partly why I was so surprised the Hitec 40FM one was so cheap and wondered if it was really going to be that much of an improvement. Of course it would be nice to go 2.4GHz but can't warrant spending that much moola and both my housemates operate their RC cars using the Acoms 27MHz AM transmitters without noticing and glitching. I don't think I live in a place with an especially high level of background RF and RC isn't as popular as it could be so thought 40MHz FM would suit me nicely, but as I said I am worried at the price being so low for it compared to other FM transmitters. For the same price of the Acoms 27AM can it really be much better?

Saying that if somebody offered a 2.4GHz stick controller at a nice price I may be tempted...