Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

reciever antenna lenght?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever antenna lenght?

i am replacing the antenna wire on several hitec and jr recievers i bought off a friend that has gone 2.4........the wires have solder joints ,so im not sure if the lenght is accurate....are all 72 mghz antennas the same lenght regardless of the brand?...they are a 600 jr, a 700jr, a 3600 hitec, and a 3800 hitec.....i have measured all of them and the antenna lenght ranges from 37 inches to 41 inches.....any feedback?.........thanks...................pault
Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: reciever antenna lenght?

The industry has pretty much standardized on a 1 meter long antenna. Anything from 37 to 41 inches should work well. All these receivers are base loaded to give optimum performance with that antenna length regardless of the frequency you are operating on.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Four Stroker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you install them and route the antenna around the other stuff, they are completely out of tune anyway. 40 inches will work fine. Tower sells antenna wire for Futaba's. Any 19 strand wire 24 to 26 gauge is OK.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:56 PM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the replys..........pault