Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Eclipse 7

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:17 PM
HeliWill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7

Is it possible to get a Lipoly battery for the tx Battery? And has anyone heard of a 2.4ghz system that might work with the eclipse? Do you think that hitec will come up with a conversion like Futaba has done? I'm returning to flying after about a 3 year layoff. Thanks...
Old 02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Eclipse 7

First, don't bother with the LiPoly, there are much safer, more effective solutions by way of hi-capacity NiMH packs.

I use a 1600mAH NiMH pack in my E7 and O6. These hold enough charge for a whole weekend's flying and can be recharged at 1A, meaning that if I do run low, half an hour on the field charger gives me enough to fly for another couple two or three hours.

Using NiMH there is no fire risk, I can charge the batteries without having to unplug them from the transmitter (a risky process with Hitec radios) and I can even use the old wall-wart charger if I want.

As for 2.4GHz solutions, since the E7 is electrically compatible with Futaba module systems, any of the 2.4GHz module solutions designed for Futaba should work on the Eclipse -- the only caveat being whether the antenna is going to be a problem. That's because the module in the E7 fits "upside down" compared to the module in the Futabas.

Which is the best 2.4GHz solution -- well I simply suggest you do some research here and on RCG to see what people think.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM
HeliWill

Ok Great! Are you currently using the 2.4ghz system? I noticed that futaba does not claim that it will work. It'd be great to hear from someone using that setup. thanks again.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:32 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have time to find it right now, but somewhere in this forum several months ago this question was asked and answered. As stated above, I believe Xjet's answer is correct. I have the Eclipse 7 but decided to just buy a 2.4 transmitter instead of making the conversion. So now I have 72Mhz and 2.4Ghz.