RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR /SPEKTRUM R/X SPECIAL OFFER

Old 03-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Eric.Henderson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR /SPEKTRUM R/X SPECIAL OFFER

I have not seen a posting anywhere on this yet, but I did receive a notification that you can get one or two free Spektrum receivers with future puchases.

It stated that if you buy a Spektrum/JR radio system or a 2.4 conversion pack AND an additional R/X then you qualify for a free receiver of the same kind!

If, at the same time, you bought another R/X you would get a second R/X free as well.

As I understand it you could end up with one TX (or conversion module) and five receivers out of one purchase of one system and two receivers.

The only thing that I was not sure about was the if you bought a TX and RX if the second RX had to be, or would be, the same?

Either way it seemed like a good incentive to move five of your craft over to 2.4GHz.

Regards,

Eric.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR /SPEKTRUM R/X SPECIAL OFFER

The deadline for purchases is April 30 except for the 12X which is extended to June 30.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/giveaway/
Old 03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Appfan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the heads-up - I was on the fence and this definitely helped me out. Came home with a 9303 and AR7000. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

dangit! I bought my 9303 about two weeks before this offer! I'm gonna call horizon and see if they will extend a helping hand.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Eric.Henderson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I followed up on the question about what type of free RX's you get and the answer I was given is as follows.

No matter what system you buy, 6i, DX7 etc. or a conversion set with a 7 or 9 ch, you can decide what extra RX to buy. You will then get a free one the same as the extra one you bought.

Example.

You buy a DX7 with an R7000 and the add a 9000. You send away and get a free new 9000.

If you buy a 7000 and a 9000 at the same time you will get a 7000 and a 9000 free.

Regards,

Eric.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 AM
PJ_TankPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Reading the fine print, it says that I can get a DX7 TX, 1100 battery, 4 DS821 servos and 5 AR7000 RX for 550 USD. That is a sweet deal.

It appears that I purchase 3 RXs and get a voucher for 2 more. Or do I purchase 5 RXs and get a rebate check for 2 ?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You get a preprinted voucher. You mail in your receipt and upc codes then they send you up to two identical units for what you purchased per customer.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Eric.Henderson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PJ_TankPilot

Reading the fine print, it says that I can get a DX7 TX, 1100 battery, 4 DS821 servos and 5 AR7000 RX for 550 USD. That is a sweet deal.

It appears that I purchase 3 RXs and get a voucher for 2 more. Or do I purchase 5 RXs and get a rebate check for 2 ?
Amost. You buy a minimum of one system (a system is a TX and an RX etc. or a 2.4 conversion system) plus a second RX and get one free. Buy a third RX and get another one free. Each of the two additional purchases gets you an RX the same as the one you bought individually. you do not have to buy an RX that is the same as the one in the radio box.

It could be a 6i TX/RX combo (they are now in the store BTW) or as much as an X9303, or any system in between. The you buy a 9000 and get one free.

Said another way. "I purchase 2 additional RXs and get vouchers for 2 more." You need the "tag" from your radio or conversion box and a receipt.

I also found out that if you buy a DX3 car radio, it will still let you buy any of the aircraft receivers as above.

Regards,

Eric.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:51 PM
meridianflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sweet deal. I just ordered a JR X9303 2.4g yesterday at the LHS. I got the flyer in front of me, I dont think you have to buy a second receiver to get a free one. The model I purchased comes with receicer and servos. So in turn I get a free receiver. If you were to purchase a second receiver you would get two receiver for free. Also per the voucher I have the free receiver must be identical to the one purchased.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:16 AM
PJ_TankPilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: meridianflyer
I dont think you have to buy a second receiver to get a free one. The model I purchased comes with receicer and servos. So in turn I get a free receiver. If you were to purchase a second receiver you would get two receiver for free. Also per the voucher I have the free receiver must be identical to the one purchased.
That is not the way I interpreted the offer.

I think you buy a package that includes a receiver (TX and RX or Module and RX). Then each additional receiver you buy (up to quantity 2) you get a free receiver the same type.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PJ_TankPilot

I dont think you have to buy a second receiver to get a free one. The model I purchased comes with receicer and servos. So in turn I get a free receiver. If you were to purchase a second receiver you would get two receiver for free. Also per the voucher I have the free receiver must be identical to the one purchased.
That is not the way I interpreted the offer.

I think you buy a package that includes a receiver (TX and RX or Module and RX). Then each additional receiver you buy (up to quantity 2) you get a free receiver the same type.

That's my understanding of the offer as well...
Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
meridianflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The info I got was from the spektrum flyer at the LHS. It reads buy a Spektrum or JR DSM radio or module system and a DSM receiver, get a receiver free or better yet, buy two receivers and get get two free? Hopefully I am not confused
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The info I got was from the spektrum flyer at the LHS. It reads buy a Spektrum or JR DSM radio or module system and a DSM receiver, get a receiver free or better yet, buy two receivers and get get two free? Hopefully I am not confused
You are just slightly confused. The key word here is system. A system is one TX (radio or module) and one receiver. You have to buy an additional receiver (or two) to get the offer.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Eric.Henderson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

You are just slightly confused. The key word here is system. A system is one TX (radio or module) and one receiver. You have to buy an additional receiver (or two) to get the offer.
This is correct. Just see the word "system" as equal to a TX and a RX or a TX module and an RX.

It even applies to buying a DX3 surface radio set. Then buy an R7000, for example, and you will get another R7000 free.

Regards,

Eric.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:01 AM
meridianflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, makes sense to me now. I guess I will purchase an additional receiver when I pickup my radio. thanxs for clarifying.