RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum AR7000 receiver servo problem

Old 03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
fishguide
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spektrum AR7000 receiver servo problem

I have discovered a problem with the Spektrum AR7000 receiver.

I have a Hanger 9 P-51. It requires two servo's for the ailerons using a "Y" harness. With the Y harness plugged into the receiver aileron plug the servo's do not work. If I unplug one servo from the Y harness the remaining one works fine. I can plug the other servo into that plug and it also works fine. However with both plugged in neither work. At first I thought it was the Y harness and replaced it. Same results. I then moved the Y harness to the rudder channel and repeated the test. Again it failed as before.
My next test was to put one aileron servo into the AUX 1 and the other into the receiver aileron plug. I set up the transmitter to the Flapron mode. It works just fine with the flap switch set to position 1.

It appears to me that the receiver will not drive two servo's, since it failed in two different channels.

Any ideas?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM
fxrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Spektrum AR7000 receiver servo problem

I'm flying a Hobbico Sukhoi 60 with an DX7/AR7000 rx. The ailerons are y connected to the aileron channel and it works fine so that tells me the rx is capable. As for your issue you might try resetting that model in your transmitter back to the defaults and rebind. However, I can't think of a setting in the tx that would create that situation.

This is an interesting problem and if you do find the answer please post it.

Good luck
Old 03-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Eric.Henderson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There might be a problem with the Y-lead that uses an amplifier in the center. Try a JR Sport Y-lead that is just made out of wire and see what happens.

Regards,

Eric.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:39 AM
fishguide
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

After further review, I have come up with the answer I think.....

The "Y" harness and the 12 inch extensions in the wing are made by Electro Dynamics. After 30 years in electrons in the Air Force
I automatically though that the Y harness connectors were keyed so they could not be reversed. They are keyed but not as well as they should be. It turns out that I was randomly reversing them...DAH
I also replaced a servo and it's 12 inch extension in one wing it too, it may have be part of the problem. The repeatability of the problem kept changing each time I tried to fault isolate it.

All seems well for now..

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Thanks again guy's