Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Repairing broken TX antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 07:58 AM
RandyH
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairing broken TX antenna?

I broke the antenna on my Futaba Skysport. Not having a local hobby shop to buy a new one, I decided to try to repair it. Here's what I did: I cut the kink out of the smaller diameter section, put it back in the larger diameter section and silver soldered it. The piece I cut was about .5 inches long. Will this work, or should I just order a new antenna? It seemed really secure, and the rest of the antenna is in good shape.

Thanks,
RandyH
Old 04-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairing broken TX antenna?

Hi Randy,

We would definitely recommend that you purchase a new antenna, they are easily changed, and it may save you from losing your aircraft in the event of loss of signal to your receiver.

You can purchase this through your local hobby store and the part number is FUTM5040.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 217-398-8970 for Support, 217-398-0007 for Service or via fax at 217-398-7721 or by email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Also you may want to check our Website at (http://www.futaba-rc.com)