RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum Rx's with "quick connect" already installed?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:27 AM
ch1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spektrum Rx's with "quick connect" already installed?

Does anyone know what Spektrum Rx's are now coming with the "quick connect" firmware already installed? I just purchased a X9303, ar7000, ar6100e (was very lucky and bought it all on 15 Feb, didn't know anything about the Rx giveaway). The Rx that came with the X9303 had "quick connect" and so did the new version of the ar7000(it clearly described it in the Rx manual). However the ar6100e did not have it, so I mailed it in to get upgraded.

Thx

Ch1
Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
ch1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Spektrum Rx's with "quick connect" already installed?

Update: Got my ar6100e back. Took about 2 weeks from mailing it to them to getting it back. Tested it and the "quick connect" worked.

Purchased a ar6200 this week. Was pleasantly surprised to find that the main Rx had "quick connect" but disappointed that the remote Rx did not. The directions that came with the ar6200 did not mention "quick connect" like the ar7000 did. So looks like I will be sending in the remote Rx to Horizon to get updated. But I think I'll wait until I get my 2 free Rx's (Just in case they are not all updated).

ch1
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had read that the 6200 series recievers and the 9100 Power Safe receivers all have it. (I read this about a montha ago .... so there may be an update). My AR 9000 did not have it (sent it in a few weeks ago, got it back in 2 weeks). Bob
Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Since the AR6200's have been around since before the "Quick Connect" was released, they may not have the update, mine didn't. When I sent it in with all my other rx's, they had to replace the satellite rx as it would not take the firmware update.

This was a running update and all the AR9100's as well as the R921's, all had a version of the quick connect, but that did not include the flashing lights on rx re-linking. Since the AR9000 has been around since before the update, you may find some of those which do not have the update. The latest version of the update includes the flashing lights on the rx's as an indication that the power brown out has occured.

Long story short; do the power off/on test. If the rx's including all the satellites reconnect almost immediately, you have quick connect whether the lights flash or not. If you don't get that, or you want the flashing lights indication of a power brown out, send in all of your rx's including the satellites and Horzion will upgrade them.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:45 PM
ch1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sent in the Spektrum give away deal stuff on March 17 recieved the 2 free Rx's yesterday (Apr 16), not bad. Even better was the fact that I was suppose to get a 6200 and 7000. Instead I got a 6200 and 9000. Thanks Horizon.

As far as these Rx's having the "quick connect", the 6200 main Rx did, but the satellite Rx did not (same as the one I bought before). For the 9000 it was the opposite. The main Rx did not have "quick connect" but the satellite did. That is kind of weird. I don't know if Horizon feels that if at least 1 out of 2 (main or satellite) has "quick connect" its not bad?

Anyway, I'll now be sending in the 9000 and 2 satellite Rx's to Horizon to get "quick connect", no biggie, especially since I got a 9000 instead of a 7000. Should get those back from being upgraded in 2 wks.

ch1