Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 FASST=Success!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 FASST=Success!!!!

Well I believe I did the last test for 2.4 for me for my type of flying. First off I put the 2.4 7 channel rx in my Talon Profile and performed great. For my second test I placed it on my Dalton 260 and practice my IMAC and it had no problems. I went way far out with no problems. I did 5 flights today. I know it is still early and anything can happen, but so far so good!
Here is the setup in my Dalton
DA-150
Smart-Fly Power Expander and Turbo Reg
Smart-Fly Ignition Cutoff
JR Matchmoxes for Elevator Rudder and both wings.
2 Fromeco 4800 batteries.
7Channel FASST RX
14MZ with 14 FASST Module.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: 2.4 FASST=Success!!!!

Cool---FAAST sounds like its a winner..Now there are two good choices for 2.4
Old 03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sukhoikid,
I have been flying my 6EX FASST five months in a Tower .40 KAOS.
Radio performance has been perfect. Not a single "Glitch".

I have a 6EX and a 7C and I have performed several tests to determine how immune these radios are to 'harmful interference'. Here is a quick description:
I have a 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum Wireless-G router for my home computer network, with the router about 7 feet from the 7C receiver.
In addition I have a 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum Wireless telephone. The 2.4GHz telephone is placed within 2 feet of the 7C receiver for the tests.
I place my 6EX transmitter within 2 feet of my 7C receiver. Thus the receiver is surrounded by three active 'hostile' emitters.
I place my 7C transmitter remotely behind a 50-gallon water heater (steel tank).
The RF signal must pass through the water heater and through 3 walls of my home to reach the receiver.
I turn on, the 7C receiver and the three "hostile" 2.4 GHz emitters
(phone, router, and 6EX transmitter).
Then I turn on the 7C transmitter.
The 7C receiver LED turns solid green and the servos work perfectly.
The RF 'field strength' of the 'hostile emitters' is much stronger at the 7C receiver position due to the 7C transmitter being located at a distance and behind barriers.
Even so, the RF signal lock is rock solid and there is no 'glitching' or twitching of the servos.
IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

Back when I flew 72MHz and before that 27MHz radios, it was common for my servos to jitter and glitch in the pit area when another flyer turned-on his radio in close proximity to my plane. This "glitching' or servo jitter would occur due to 'signal swamping', even though the other radio was not on my frequency. In all of my tests with my FASST radios, I have not seen a single jitter, glitch, or twitch. These receivers simply lock out the other 2.4GHz SS signals.

These are really great radios.
Best Regards
JC
Old 03-09-2008, 09:22 PM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

very glad to hear this. I am very happy with my system for sure! I believe by summer all of my planes will have 2.4.
ORIGINAL: JCINTEXAS

Sukhoikid,
I have been flying my 6EX FASST five months in a Tower .40 KAOS.
Radio performance has been perfect. Not a single "Glitch".

I have a 6EX and a 7C and I have performed several tests to determine how immune these radios are to 'harmful interference'. Here is a quick description:
I have a 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum Wireless-G router for my home computer network, with the router about 7 feet from the 7C receiver.
In addition I have a 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum Wireless telephone. The 2.4GHz telephone is placed within 2 feet of the 7C receiver for the tests.
I place my 6EX transmitter within 2 feet of my 7C receiver. Thus the receiver is surrounded by three active 'hostile' emitters.
I place my 7C transmitter remotely behind a 50-gallon water heater (steel tank).
The RF signal must pass through the water heater and through 3 walls of my home to reach the receiver.
I turn on, the 7C receiver and the three "hostile" 2.4 GHz emitters
(phone, router, and 6EX transmitter).
Then I turn on the 7C transmitter.
The 7C receiver LED turns solid green and the servos work perfectly.
The RF 'field strength' of the 'hostile emitters' is much stronger at the 7C receiver position due to the 7C transmitter being located at a distance and behind barriers.
Even so, the RF signal lock is rock solid and there is no 'glitching' or twitching of the servos.
IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

Back when I flew 72MHz and before that 27MHz radios, it was common for my servos to jitter and glitch in the pit area when another flyer turned-on his radio in close proximity to my plane. This "glitching' or servo jitter would occur due to 'signal swamping', even though the other radio was not on my frequency. In all of my tests with my FASST radios, I have not seen a single jitter, glitch, or twitch. These receivers simply lock out the other 2.4GHz SS signals.

These are really great radios.
Best Regards
JC
Old 03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: SukhoiKid

Well I believe I did the last test for 2.4 for me for my type of flying. First off I put the 2.4 7 channel rx in my Talon Profile and performed great. For my second test I placed it on my Dalton 260 and practice my IMAC and it had no problems. I went way far out with no problems. I did 5 flights today. I know it is still early and anything can happen, but so far so good!
Here is the setup in my Dalton
DA-150
Smart-Fly Power Expander and Turbo Reg
Smart-Fly Ignition Cutoff
JR Matchmoxes for Elevator Rudder and both wings.
2 Fromeco 4800 batteries.
7Channel FASST RX
14MZ with 14 FASST Module.

And you showed my Cap what a rolling circle felt like
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
DougV

I'm glad to hear this! I have 2 7C 2.4 for Christmas and a 6EX for about a year now, I fly Helis jets and pattern planes with the FASST system, no problems.

Regards,
Doug.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:44 AM
daggets

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Cool---FAAST sounds like its a winner..Now there are two good choices for 2.4
what? only two good choices for 2.4? what is the other one?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
pilotpete2

We have the Airtronics RDS 8000 by Sanwa now shipping in the US. Receivers look a lot like the Futaba FASST receivers, same antenna arrangement and frequency hopping, but they "hop" to a different tune than Futaba, so no compatibility One of these days Hitec may even join the party
Cheers,
Pete
Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 PM
DougV

FYI:

More FASST tests: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831638

Doug.